Crosscare: Youth Justice Worker - North Dublin
Position Title: Youth Justice Worker – North Dublin
Crosscare is the social care agency of the Dublin Diocese and is a registered charity.
Crosscare delivers services with a servant leadership ethos. Crosscare’s Homeless Services operate a range of residential services targeting adults & families experiencing homelessness. The services aim to move people out of homelessness and into homes of their own.
Location: North Dublin
Work Schedule: Full Time
Reporting to: Project staff are employed by Crosscare as a Youth Justice Worker and will operate from the various locations under the day to day supervision of the Manager. All Crosscare staff are expected to work under Crosscare policies and guidelines. The staff members will also work to a Project Committee
- Identify, engage and work directly with project participants on issues related to their offending, substance use and/or antisocial behaviour through engaging them in a youth work process;
- Process referrals to the project through the Referral Committee;
- Work in partnership with Gardaí and local agencies that participants may be linked with in developing appropriate responses to their needs;
- Keep project records and provide updates and reports as requested including the drafting of the Annual Plan following a consultative process with the Gardaí;
- Attend the Project Committee meetings, providing progress updates as required;
- Provide youth work interventions in the catchment area in line with the Youth Diversion Project plan as approved by the Project Committee;
- Work with participants on improving their participation in sustainable employment by identifying pathways towards employment including second chance education and training, and work on combating discrimination in accessing and progressing in the labour market, promoting acceptance of diversity in the workplace;
- Take part in approved training for developing the Youth Diversion Project and carry out any other duties deemed necessary by Crosscare, IYJS, Gardaí or project committee for the development of the project and fulfilment of the annual plan.
- The ideal candidates must have a third level qualification and experience in youth work working with high needs young people who can present with challenging behaviour. Possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a team and on a one to one basis.
- They shall be required to work with young people who have come to the attention of the Gardaí, the community or local agencies as a result of their behaviour. The focus of this role will be supporting these young people back in to education or maintain their current placement.
- The successful candidates will provide suitable youth work interventions to facilitate personal development, promote pro social behaviour, and improve long-term employability prospects.
- Competitive salaries
- Generous annual leave
- Additional leave for long service
- Training and Development Programmes
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Digital Doctor Service
- Competitive pension plan
- Bike to Work Scheme
In Crosscare, we approach our work with an attitude of service, showing love, care and kindness in all interactions with others. We treat people with a level of respect they will remember long after our service and support have been received. We strive for excellence in everything we do. Our clients, young people and service users deserve it.
Please submit your CV and Cover Letter clearly stating which role you are applying for. Closing date for applications is December 2nd 2022.
Please click here to apply.
Crosscare is an equal opportunities employer
Garda Vetting will apply to this role