Crosscare: Youth Development Officer - Bray
Position Title: Youth Development Officer
Location: Bray Environs – Newtown/Kilcoole/Rathnew
Agency/Programme: Crosscare Bray Youth Service
Work Schedule: 37.5 hrs
Reports to: Youth Service Manager
Role Purpose: To deliver youthwork programmes, focused on young people identified as most in need in an area.
- To implement programmes in line with funding requirements
- To ensure organised programmes fit within the Youth Work Process and Models of Youth Work
- To work up to three nights per week and weekends as requested.
- Go organise and participate in residentials as part of Youth Work programmes
- To attend and participate in staff meetings within the region.
- To represent the Youth Service, if requested, at various committees
- To submit all paperwork within specified time period.
- To apply for relevant grants related to ongoing work, in consultation with your Line Manager.
- To work within the ethos and values of Crosscare
- To implement the Crosscare strategy.
- To attend training relevant to the work.
- To manage challenging behaviours and situations.
- To work in collaboration with the Youth Service Team
- To carry out any other duties assigned by your Line Manager.
- Relevant Third Level Qualification in Youth Work or a related area and have a minimum of 2 year experience in the sector.
- Full clean driving licence is desirable
- Communication skills
- Creativity and innovation
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Excellent organisational, time management and record keeping skills
- Excellent report writing skills
- Facilitation and group work skills
- Empathy and understanding
- Negotiation skills.
- Have an understanding of the work of Crosscare and Bray Youth Service.
- Competitive salaries
- Generous annual leave
- Additional leave for long service
- Training and Development Programmes
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Digital Doctor Service
- Competitive pension plan
- Bike to Work Scheme
In Crosscare, we approach our work with an attitude of service, showing love, care and kindness in all interactions with others. We treat people with a level of respect they will remember long after our service and support have been received. We strive for excellence in everything we do. Our clients, young people and service users deserve it.
Please submit your CV and Cover Letter by following this application link Youth Development Officer - Bray area .
Closing date for applications is December 2nd 2022.
This position is funded by the DCYA through KWETB.
Crosscare is an equal opportunities employer
Garda Vetting will apply to this role