Limerick Youth Service: Team Leader
Team Leader: Youth & Family Support: 35 hours
Limerick Youth Service is a voluntary Youth Work Organisation whose Mission is:
“Connecting with young people and supporting them to reach their full potential.”
Funded by Tusla, (Child & Family Agency) Limerick Youth Service are now looking to recruit a Team Leader to lead and direct staff to facilitate an efficient and effective service to young people. In addition to providing direct support to young people and families, the ideal candidate will be responsible for supervising, managing and motivating team members on a daily basis and act as the point of contact for referrals.
Education & Experience
Suitable candidates must have:
- A professional qualification in the field of Youth Work / Social Care, or related discipline
- Practical experience and knowledge of Child Safeguarding, Family Support and Youth Work.
- A minimum of 5 years employment (working with vulnerable children and families) in a similar or related field.
- Previous experience in a role with responsibility for leading and or coordinating work/projects with strong management skills
- Significant experience in all of the following: case management, Meitheal, data collection, planning, implementing and reviewing programmes and interventions with young people and families
- Evidence of the production of high-quality reports and written material
- Proficient in MS packages e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook, databases
- Excellent communication & facilitation skills
- Self-motivated to achieve high standards and outcomes
- Ability to analyse information and make decisions that meet the goals of the team
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to liaise with a wide range of contacts to build and maintain effective working relationships
- Flexible to respond to changing needs as they arise and cope with pressure
- Highly organised, good time management with ability to prioritise work
How to apply:
A Job description and application form can be downloaded at www.limerickyouthservice.com at the following link: http://www.limerickyouthservice.com/get-involved/vacancies/
Completed applications can be returned by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Incomplete or late applications will not be accepted.
Closing date for applications is Friday 16th December by 5pm
Limerick Youth Service is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity
(A panel may be formed from this recruitment process from which future vacancies in the organisation may be filled and will expire after 1 year)
Garda vetting will apply