Meath Travellers Workshop: Youth Traveller Community Safety Coordinator
Will work in co-operation with Meath Travellers Workshop, The project will engage with young people from within The Traveller Community in Meath, aiming to deter, divert and educate those most at risk of criminal behavior. Participants will have a better understanding of the Implications of being involved in crime and disorder, for both themselves and the wider community.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role are:
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with the Traveller community building up these relationships via recreation and well being activities.
- Promote positive relationships between the Traveller community and Probation Services, Involve and the Local Community Guards.
- Develop a local area profile/ needs assessment and identify non supports which may be required to assist in deterring Local Crime and to Educate Individuals against Criminal Behaviour.
- Develop and implement a local action which meets the objectives of the programme.
- Work with Local Guarda, Involve and the Traveller community to identify and address issues impacting on Criminal Behaviour and how to educate Young Travellers against a Life of Crime.
- Develop innovative and creative response to engage with Young members of the Travelling Community .
- Prepare and produce reports for the local boards of management and the NTP board / Department of Justice as requested including having an oversight of the finance.
- Work in partnership with other education projects funded under Department of Justice and to document and identify the shared learning to contribute to the development of future programmes for the Traveller community.
- Plan and oversee the development of a number of short videos to be used on social media to advise what happens when you get involved in gang activity, drug taking , hate crime and knife crime.
- To include Social action (volunteering) projects, prison visits, outreach talks with older adult groups , employability skills and Training courses.
- A working knowledge of the Criminal system in Ireland including relevant state policies.
- An understanding of the barriers and inequalities the Traveller community currently face.
- A qualification in Train The Trainer or Similar .
- A relevant qualification or experience working in the community and voluntary sector working directly with communities.
- Appreciation and awareness of community development including human rights.
- Good interpersonal skills including building positive working relationships.
- Good communications skills including good report writing and presentation skills.
- Good organization and timekeeping.
- A clean driving licence and use of your own car if necessary
- Flexibility in working hours as some events may take place outside the working week.
- Job Type: Part-time 25 Hours Per week
- Salary €30,309 per Annum
- Contract initially for one year subject to ongoing funding .
Garda vetting and completion of Children first will be required before commencement.
Interested parties should submit CV and Covering Letter by email
to Leisa Harnett , Coordinator MTW at email@example.com by 5pm, Wednesday 7th December 2022.