My Project…Minding You: Project Worker
CONTRACT: This is a full-time post, Monday to Friday with some flexibility required
Based in Monkstown Farm, Co. Dublin, this role will require flexibility to travel locally for outreach work in the wider Dun Laoghaire Rathdown area
My Project is an independent, not-for-profit organisation whose purpose is to support children, youth and families in the greater Dun Laoghaire community
My Project receives core funding from Tusla and the HSE
The successful appointee will be required to:
- Work directly with children, young people and parents / guardians
- Facilitate groups / evidence based programmes
- Engage in outreach work to support young people and families at risk
- Provide information, education and support on issues that have a negative impact on the development and wellbeing of children, young people and the family
- Support parents / guardians in their parenting role
- Advocate on behalf of the children, young people and families living in the community
- Develop relationships with stakeholders, partners & professionals working within the sector
- Participate as an effective member of the MyP team.
- Participate in a mapping of services to support the project to identify gaps and needs
- Carry out other duties as may be requested from time to time
- Minimum Level 7 Social Care Degree or equivalent
- 2 years relevant experience
- An understanding of Child Protection, Drug and Alcohol Abuse, Hidden Harm, Mental Health
- Experience of engaging with and supporting vulnerable people
- Experience of working collaboratively with other agencies
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal, organisational and initiative skills
- Additional training / skills that support practice within child, youth, family support
- An understanding of relevant welfare and child protection guidelines and safeguarding
- An understanding of the impact of drug and alcohol misuse on young people and families
- Experience of Salesforce / HRB Link recording systems
- Hold a current driving license and have access to a vehicle
Skills and Attributes:
- Ability to work in a small, skilled team and the willingness and capacity to take the initiative
- Ability to work with flexibility, attend case management, subgroups and network meetings
- Relevant IT skills, ability to compile case notes and written reports
Salary: Based on HSE Social Care Scale, dependent on experience
How we work with the people we support and their families:
- Respect dignity for all service users and those in the wider community. This is our key value that guides everything that we do. Our services seek to empower individuals to enhance their lives while treating them with dignity at all times.
- Integrity honesty and highest ethical behaviour and standards when we engage with our stakeholders in an open and transparent manner, respecting their privacy and observing complete confidentiality at all times.
- Compassion striving to ensure that in all our interventions, we demonstrate empathy whilst listening in a non-judgemental way.
- Collaboration cooperatively working in partnership with all stakeholders including families and support agencies to achieve positive outcomes for children and young people.
- Advocacy supporting and encouraging children and young people to find and develop their own voice and open mind by seeking to understand their needs through clear and effective communication.
Applicants should send their CV (2 pages Max) & cover letter showing how they meet the selection criteria & email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications will be Friday 14th October at 5pm
My Project is an equal opportunities employer
Garda Vetting will apply to this role
This Position is funded through Dun Laoghaire Rathdown Drug and Alcohol Task Force by the HSE and Tusla Child and Family Agency.