Society of Saint Vincent de Paul: Childcare Worker (Part-Time) – St. Joseph’s Childcare Centre
Childcare Worker – St. Joseph’s Childcare Centre
Reference No: CWPPT0922
Location: St Joseph’s Childcare Centre, Lower Yellow Road, Bally Bricken, Co. Waterford.
Duration: Permanent Part-Time
Hours: 22.5-hours per week
Published: Wednesday 21st September 2022
Closing Date: 4:00 pm Wednesday 05th October 2022
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Childcare Worker to join our team in St. Joseph’s Childcare Centre. The main purpose of the Childcare Worker role is to provide quality early childhood care and education to children and to guide and supervise children in a safe and caring environment.
This is a great opportunity to join one of Ireland’s largest voluntary organisations and make a difference in your community.
Why work with SVP? SVP Benefits
- 23 days annual leave for all staff; Additional day’s leave at 5, 10, 15 & 20 years, with a cap of 27 annual leave days.
- Pension: 5% employer and employee contribution with an option to increase to 7%.
- 2 discretionary days (Good Friday & Christmas Eve)
- Group discount for Hospital Saturday Fund (HSF)
- Paid Sick Leave (following probation period with entitlement increasing with length of service)
- Education Support for job relevant courses
- Paid Maternity & Paternity Leave (18 weeks full maternity leave pay for staff with more than 12 months service & 2 weeks full paternity leave pay for staff with more than 12 months service
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance – four times annual salary
- Life Appreciation Recognition: Additional one-off 5 days annual leave allocated in year that 25-, 30-, 35- & 40-years’ service achieved, plus €250 voucher
- Christmas Voucher: €250 voucher for all staff (subject to terms of policy)
- Retirement: Staff with 10+ years’ service will receive a €250 voucher on retirement
- Hybrid/Flexible Working Available
SVP support and embrace Flexible Working, including working from home, in line with the SVP Flexible Working Policy, where appropriate and subject to role requirements.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Minimum FETAC Level 6 or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Aisteoir, Siolta, Better Start programmes and AIM.
- Good knowledge of underlying principles in early years education/afterschool.
- Preferably 1 year of experience in relevant childcare role.
- Display enthusiasm and an interest in supporting and empowering young children and their families.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrate excellent listening and supportive skills.
- Be patient with a well-developed sense of humour.
- Have a child centred approach to activities, being imaginative and creative in delivering activities.
SVP is a large, national, voluntary organisation with extensive experience of working with a diverse range of people who experience poverty and exclusion. Through its network of over 12,000 volunteers and 700 staff, it is strongly committed to working for social justice and advocates the creation of a more just and caring society. SVP employs people to support volunteers in a variety of settings including housing, community care, shops, administration and other specialist areas
How to Apply:
If you meet these requirements and have the desire to join one of Ireland’s best known, trusted and respected not-for-profit organisations, please complete the online application www.svp.ie/jobs.
Appointment is subject to satisfactory references and Garda Vetting. Canvassing will not be accepted and may lead to disqualification. Due to the large volume of applications, we are not in the position to provide individual feedback to candidates who are not shortlisted.
SVP is an Equal Opportunities Employer