Dublin 5 School Completion Programme: Project Worker (Part-Time)
The School Completion Programme (SCP) funded by Tusla, aims to increase the numbers of young people staying in primary and second level school and in doing so improve the numbers of pupils who successfully complete the Senior Cycle, or the equivalent.
Dublin 5 School Completion Programme encompasses eight schools (7 primary, 1 post-primary), in the Donnycarney/Artane/Coolock area. We aim to provide programmes to encourage students to reach their full potential in the education system.
The ideal candidate should have the following:
- Third Level Qualification in one of the following: education/teaching, youth/community work, social care/science or a related discipline.
- Ability to develop programmes to meet the needs of our students.
- Knowledge of/ experience in delivering manualised/evidence based programmes used with young people.
- Experience of working with young people within a supportive environment (in one to one settings and in group settings).
- Experience working with families and young people at risk.
- Excellent communication planning, organisational, networking and report writing skills.
- Be ICT proficient
- Own transport essential.
Under the guidance & supervision of the SCP Co-ordinator, a Project Worker’s duties will include the following;
- To report and work under the direction of the School Completion Programme management and the Co-ordinator in relation to all aspects of the project.
- To provide direct support to the targeted young people via participation in clubs and activities as designated by the SCP Co-ordinator.
- To identify the needs of the students and develop appropriate interventions.
- To design, implement and evaluate structured individual, group work or whole class interventions/sessions to targeted children.
- To build relationships with target students.
- To assist in the organisation and to participate in the provision of in-school, out of school, after school and holiday time supports for the targeted young people.
- To organise and facilitate summer programmes, transfer programmes, homework and activity clubs as assigned by the SCP Co-ordinator.
- To liaise with relevant voluntary and statutory agencies to ensure maximum benefit to the targeted students.
- To assist with evaluations, reviews and future planning of the programme.
- To comply with Tulsa Guidelines in relation to report writing/planning and record keeping of work under taken.
- To be open to undertaking additional tasks as identified by the Co-ordinator.
This Job Description is a guide to the general range of duties. It is not intended to be either definitive or restrictive and will be subjective to periodic review.
Salary: Salary is commensurate with experience. The salary scale is based on the City of Dublin V.E.C Youth Worker Salary Scale.
Applications: By way of C.V. by post only - To The Dublin 5 SCP Co-ordinator, Scoil Fhursa, Cromcastle Green, Kilmore West, Dublin 5.
Shortlisting may apply and a panel may be formed.
In accordance with the National Vetting Bureau (Children and Vulnerable Persons) Acts 2012 to 2016, Garda Vetting is a standard requirement for the successful candidate
Closing date: 5pm Wednesday, October 5th. Interviews to be held October 12th & 14th.