Mountmellick Youth & Family Resource Centre: Youth Worker & Homework Club Support Worker
Mountmellick Youth & Family Resource Centre
The Mountmellick Youth & Family Resource Centre (MYFRC) offers a range of services aimed at engaging Young People in Youth Work developmental programmes which extend into family support work, one-to-one and counselling. The MYFRC aims to strengthen, and empower children, Young People, families and the Mountmellick community. The MYFRC will adhere to and strive to progress Family and Community development as outlined in the Better Outcome Brighter Futures 2014-2020 as per 5 national outcomes, active and healthy, economic security, safe from harm, promoted and respected, achieving full potential.
We are recruiting for the following post;
Youth Worker & Homework Club Support Worker – 18 hours per week
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Highly motivated.
- Relevant experience in a similar setting.
- Flexible (hours and duties).
- Good team skills.
- Have numeracy and literacy skills to support Primary School level homework.
- Good knowledge and experience of best practice working with children and young people and services available to families.
- A qualification in a relevant discipline e.g. Social Care, Youth Work, Early Childhood Education, Special Needs Assistant, etc.
- Split shifts will be a requirement in this role
- Anti-social hours may also be a requirement
- This contract will run up to 30th June and is subject to renewal based on funding
- The position will run in line with the Primary School Calendar
The position is subject to reference check and garda clearance.
For an Application Form, Role Description or more information please contact:
Mike Farrell at email@example.com
Closing date – 5:00pm 10th October 2022
Provisional Interview Date – 18th October 2022
MYFRC is an equal opportunities employer.