Foróige: Youth Worker - Togher UBU Project Cork
JOB TITLE : Youth Worker
Job Reference: FRGJOB_435
Foróige is the National Youth Development Organisation, which promotes and fosters youth development through the operation of various youth services in urban and rural areas throughout the country. Foróige is currently recruiting for the following position:
This Project is managed by Foróige and funded by the Cork Education and Training Board. Togher UBU Project endeavours to support young people aged 10 – 24 years of age in fulfilling their potential through voluntary participation in structured non-formal educational and recreational programmes and activities which are specifically tailored to their needs.
The successful applicant will have the following essential requirements;
- Education to Degree standard preferably in youth work / addiction / health promotion (note: candidates with a Diploma and with exceptional, relevant work experience may also be considered in lieu of degree qualifications) (E)
- A minimum of 1 year relevant work experience (E)
- Ability to mentor/advise youth and families on options available (E)
- Ability to engage target group (E)
- Skills in empowering others and facilitating development (E)
- Access to car and full Irish driving licence (E)
- An understanding of and experience in Youth Work and Community Work methodologies (E)
- Paid experience working with young people (E)
Applications for the above vacancy should be made by way of Foróige Application form.
The deadline for returning completed application forms is 12 noon 13.10.2022
Foróige is committed to a policy of Equality of Opportunity in its employment practices.