Society of Saint Vincent de Paul: Youth Development Officer - East Region
Youth Development Officer - East Region
Reference No: YDOER0922
Location: SVP House, 91/92 Sean McDermott Street, Dublin 1.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Published: Tuesday 20th September 2022
Closing Date: 4pm Tuesday 04th October 2022
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Youth Development Officer to join our Regional Office team in Dublin. The primary purpose of this role is to promote and support the SVP Youth Development programme in the East Region through various models of engagement, primarily through the support and development of Young SVP Conferences in schools and 3rd level institutions.
This is a great opportunity to join one of Ireland’s largest voluntary organisations and make a difference in your community.
The ideal candidates will possess the following:
- 3rd level qualification in Youth Work, education, or equivalent area.
- Training in group facilitation and learning with young people.
- Have a minimum of 3 years’ full time post qualified experience of working with and using active learning methodologies with young people in group settings.
- A team worker with an ability to prioritise tasks and to work well under pressure.
- Excellent IT skills including knowledge of record keeping and database systems.
- Has previous experience of working in statutory / voluntary / community setting.
- Excellent group facilitation skills and event management skills
- Strong presentation skills and skilled at public speaking.
- Self-motivated with the ability to working on own as well as be a strong team contributor.
- Proven ability to set own work plans with a progress tracking system in line with objectives set by line manager and National Youth Development strategy.
- Enjoys working with young people and is passionate about social justice.
- A full clean Irish/ EU driving licence and to have access to a car which can be used for work.
Why work with SVP?
- 23 days annual leave to start
- Pension: 5% employer and employee contribution with an option to increase to 7%.
- 2 discretionary days (Good Friday & Christmas Eve)
- Group discount for Hospital Saturday Fund (HSF)
- Paid Sick Leave (following probation period with entitlement increasing with length of service)
- Education Support for job relevant courses
- Paid Maternity & Paternity Leave (18 weeks full maternity leave pay for staff with more than 12 months service & 2 weeks full paternity leave pay for staff with more than 12 months service
- Employee Assistance Programme
If you meet these requirements and have the desire to join one of Ireland’s best known, trusted and respected not-for-profit organisations, please complete the online application www.svp.ie/jobs. Please note that we do not accept CVs.
Appointment is subject to satisfactory references and Garda Vetting. Canvassing will not be accepted and may lead to disqualification. Due to the large volume of applications, we are not in the position to provide individual feedback to candidates who are not shortlisted.
SVP is an Equal Opportunities Employer