Stepping Stones Care: Person In Charge (PIC) - Dublin 3
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
Exciting Opportunity for Person In Charge ( PIC) Position
Based in Dublin 3
Stepping Stones Care Ltd was established in 2008. Our primary purpose was, initially to provide mainstream residential care services to young people who, for various reasons cannot live at home. Our purpose has evolved over time and we now offer a broad spectrum of services to include mainstream residential care and specialised care services for young people and adults with disabilities. We are proud to offer residential care, community care, respite care, aftercare and semi-independent services
Stepping Stones Care is currently seeking applications for A Person In charge (PIC) for a designated residential service for children with ID and Autism based in Dublin 3
The successful candidate will be:
- Fully Registered with the Board of Nursing Midwives OR have a Social Care Level 8 (Honours) Degree.
- Recognised Management Course OR currently enrolled in one.
- 3 years post qualification experience in the area of intellectual disability
- 3 years management experience within a healthcare setting
- Excellent knowledge of the HIQA Standards and Health Act 2008 - 2013 Regulations
- Must hold a full and clean driving license
- Applicants must have relevant experience in a PIC role OR similar.
- Excellent knowledge of HIQA standards mandatory.
Purpose & Responsibilities of the Position
- To work in conjunction with the Management Team
- Together with Directors lead a staff team in meeting the needs of the young people in our care in respect of emotional, social, physical, intellectual, spiritual, and cultural.
- To ensure that the care that we provide to the young people is of a high standard and is maintained on an on going basis,
- To be familiar with all policies and procedures within Stepping Stone’s Care, legislation, national standards and HIQA Regulations,
- To empower the staff team, role model and nurture and develop a therapeutic environment that is within the ethos and model of care of Stepping Stone’s Care,
- To liaise with Key-workers and the wider staff team in respect of young people's case files.
- To work in conjunction with Directors in developing a warm, and nurturing and safe environment for all young people in our care,
- To work under the direction of Director of Services,
- To report directly to the Director of Services
- To attend review meetings with external professional as required
- To maintain a strong presence on the floor that encourages and promotes best practice to fellow staff members.
- To manage the unit, and accept full responsibility for the running of the unit,
- To empower all young people in our care to make choices that are positive in nature,
- To provide Key working to our young people that enables them to develop and grow and achieve appropriate coping skills,
- To maintain clear and consistent boundaries with the young people in our care as per policy and procedure,
- To be respectful of the young people's cultural background and to promote this within the unit,
- To create an environment that is open and approachable,
- To liaise with family, school and other professionals,
- To create placement plans that are child centred and meet the individual needs of the young people in our care,
- To monitor and review the implementation of these plans on a monthly basis and provide feedback to the unit manager,
- To actively involve and engage the young people, advocates, family, guardians and other professionals in the decision making process of their care,
- To monitor best practice of care both internally and external to the unit,
- To promote the young people to engage in outside pursuits within the community in order to create a sense of belonging and attachment to that group,
- To safeguard young people,
- To ensure that each young person receives appropriate medical, psychiatric and psychological input as deemed necessary,
- To fulfil all roster and on call requirements
- To become an intrinsic part in the updating and development of policies and procedures within the unit,
- To act as an advocate for the young people in our care,
- To complete and monitor reports as directed by the unit manager,
- To take responsibility for health and safety, medication, register review, supervision etc.,
- To participate in management meetings as requested
- To meet all standards and regulations in the notification of significant events, standards reports and HIQA reports,
- To attend supervision with the PIC on a monthly basis,
- To provide supervision or mentoring to staff as required
- To report any practice concerns to Director of service in a timely manner,
- To maintain all information belonging to young people is stored in a locked cabinet,
- To comply with any other duties requested by the Directors of Services.
This is a fantastic job opportunity for the right candidate.
The salary is competitive & dependent on experience.
Please send applications to HR@steppingstonescare.ie or call Caroline on 018397509
Closing Date: 30th September 2022