COPE Galway: Development Support Officer - Modh Eile House
We are currently seeking applications for the following position:
Development Support Officer - Modh Eile House
Would you like to be a part of Solas Óg the children and young people’s support team for Modh Eile House, the new home of COPE Galway’s Domestic Abuse Service?
COPE Galway Domestic Abuse Service provides support to around 500 women and their children each year. Those who use our service are women either at risk from an abusive partner or who have suffered abuse at the hands of a partner in the past. Our role is to provide a safe space for each woman and her children and then to assist her in exploring options and making decisions which will lead to a better life.
We are looking for someone who will work with the Solas Óg coordinator and team to develop the following areas of work
- A school programme for junior cycle students in relation to Healthy and Unhealthy relationships.
- CPD Programmes for teachers
- Group work programmes for children and young people.
- A suite of booklets for children and young people
A detailed job description and person specification outlines the full criteria required for the position and includes:
- Level Eight in relevant discipline
- Experience of working in the education sector, specifically in the writing and development of learner materials and resources
- Experience in the design and development of booklets, leaflets and support materials
- An excellent and creative communicator
- Skilled in writing
- A full clean driving license
- Excellent ICT skills
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week
Contract: 1-year fixed term contract initially
Annual Leave: 22 day per annum pro rata
Job Description and Person Specification and Application Form are available to download from our website www.copegalway.ie/careers
Completed application forms should be submitted by email only to email@example.com by 5pm on Monday the 29th of August 2022
Satisfactory references and Garda clearance are required for this role
COPE Galway is an equal opportunities employer