COPE Galway: Children’s Service Activities Worker - Modh Eile House
We are currently seeking applications for the following position:
Children’s Service Activities Worker - Modh Eile House
Would you like to be a part of Solas Óg the children and young people’s support team for Modh Eile House, the new home of COPE Galway’s Domestic Abuse Service?
COPE Galway Domestic Abuse Service provides support to around 500 women and their children each year. Those who use our service are women either at risk from an abusive partner or who have suffered abuse at the hands of a partner in the past. Our role is to provide a safe space for each woman and her children and then to assist her in exploring options and making decisions which will lead to a better life.
We are looking for a Children’s Service Activities Worker - someone who will plan the day to day running of the playroom and plan activities that support the educational and developmental needs of the children at Solas Óg to ensure that our service is welcoming, supportive and a safe place for children who visit us and who stay in our refuge.
A detailed job description and person specification outlines the full criteria required for the position and includes:
- Qualification in childcare, early childhood care and education
- Experience of working in the early years sector in a lead role
- Experience of working with disadvantaged children
- Experience of working with children and young people who display challenging behaviours
- Experience of supporting mothers who need guidance in relation to how best support their children developmentally and emotionally
- Ability to communicate effectively, particularly with children, young people, their parents on the issues affecting their lives in terms of domestic abuse
- Full knowledge of relevant legislation and regulations which inform work with children
- A full clean driving license
Hours of Work: 39 hours per week over 5 days
Contract: 1 year contract initially
Annual Leave: 22 day per annum pro rata
Job Description and Person Specification and Application Form are available to download from our website www.copegalway.ie/careers
Completed application forms should be submitted by email only to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Monday the 29th of August 2022
Satisfactory references and Garda clearance are required for this role
COPE Galway is an equal opportunities employer