CORE Youth Service: Youth Employability Worker (Part-Time)
Part-Time Fixed Term Youth Employability Worker
CORE Youth Service is currently inviting applications for the position of Part-Time Youth Employability Worker for a one-year fixed term contract.
CORE Youth Service is a Youth Work organisation working for the welfare, well-being and development of all 10 to 24 year olds in Inchicore. We believe that constructive relationships with young people are the heart of youth well-being and development.
CORE Youth Service’s mission is to build trusting and positive relationships with the young people of Inchicore by listening and responding to their needs for safety, trust, engagement and creativity.
We strive for spaces for young people to explore their identity, self-worth and potential.
The post is funded for 14 hours a week. This post requires and facilitates flexibility in working the allocated hours over the working week and may include occasional weekend work.
The successful candidate will ideally have the following qualifications and attributes
- A third level qualification
- Career guidance and/or youth work or a related discipline and experience of working with young people.
- Understanding of professional boundaries.
- Strong awareness of the employment, training, and educational opportunities available to young people.
- Excellent communications and team skills.
- Proven record of working on own initiative.
- Creative and innovative thinker.
- Flexible and young person-centred approach to work.
Garda Vetting will apply to this position.
- The focus of the role is to identify and provide structured support to young people aged 16-25 from the surrounding community.
- Devise employability programmes to support young people’s employability needs and skills
- To encourage young people to actively participate in the design and development/evaluation of programmes.
- Case manage the presenting needs of young people through a structured, appropriate, practical and caring response.
- Identify potential opportunities for young people with businesses, educational institutions, and training/apprenticeship programmes.
Youth Worker Salary: CDYSB salary scale in line with experience
Please provide completed application form along a with a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receipt of completed applications: Wednesday 24th August at 5pm.
This position is funded through the generation pandemic fund of The Irish Youth Foundation
CORE Youth Service is an equal opportunities employer.