Crosscare: Youth Workers
Crosscare, the Social Support Agency of the Dublin Archdiocese, has a number of full and part-time posts for Youth workers in our Youth Services across the Dublin area. These roles are funded by the European Social Fund (2014-2020), the Irish Youth Justice Service, Department of Justice and Equality and form part of the new Youth Justice Strategy.
Youth workers employed by Crosscare will operate under the day-to-day supervision of the manager/team leader. All Crosscare staff are expected to work under Crosscare policies and guidelines.
Contracts are full time and roles will be available across our Dublin Services: Finglas, Swords, Clondalkin, Lucan, Dun Laoghaire, Ronanstown.
Salary scale: Band DYS: competitive salary starting circa 31k + depending on experience
- Outdoor Learning Garda Diversion Youth Project Worker
- Working with Harder to Reach Young People through an Outdoor Learning process
- The purpose of this role is to facilitate youth work approaches through the medium of outdoor learning programmes
- To deliver programs and training in a professional manner and commit to continued personal development
- To link with the local youth service manager/s and relevant GYDP (Garda Youth Diversion Project) staff in identifying relevant young people and planning the right activities for these young people. The activities to be planned, organised and delivered will include, place based outdoor learning, hillwalking, climbing, bushcraft, kayaking, coasteering and whitewater swimming, while utilizing life coaching, mindfulness and other therapeutic approaches
- Located in Crosscare regions across Dublin: Ballymun, Finglas, Clondalkin, Lucan, Swords, Dun Laoghaire
- Early Intervention Work with 8-11 year olds in Youth Diversion Projects
- Engage individuals and groups aged 8 – 11 years in a range of activities and programmes with the aim of enhancing participants soft skill and prosocial behavioural development. The Youth Diversion Projects are supported by the Irish Youth Justice Service in conjunction with An Garda Síochána.
- Located in Crosscare regions across Dublin: Ballymun, Finglas, Clondalkin, Swords,
- Youth Justice Workers
- Identify, engage and work directly with project participants on issues related to their offending, substance use and/or antisocial behaviour through engaging them in a youth work process
- The successful candidates will provide suitable youth work interventions to facilitate personal development, promote pro social behaviour, and improve long-term employability prospects.
- Located in Crosscare regions across Dublin: Finglas, Swords, Lucan, Bray, Ronanstown
- Family Support Workers
- To provide focused family intervention support to parents of young people engaged in Youth Diversion Projects who have complex needs, providing supports that helps improve parenting capacity and decreases offending and other high-risk behaviours
- Located in Crosscare regions Swords/Finglas areas
- Relevant third level qualification (e.g. Youth Work, Social Studies, Social Care, Addiction or equivalent)
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in youth work working with high needs young people who can present with challenging behaviour
Please identify which of the roles above you are interested in applying for and submit your CV and cover letter in one document.
Note: Interview are due to take place on 2nd September 2022