Good Shepherd Cork: Children's Support Worker (Domestic & Sexual Violence)
Children’s Support Worker (Domestic and Sexual Violence)
Applications are sought for the position of Children’s Support Worker (Domestic and Sexual Violence) with Good Shepherd Cork.
Good Shepherd Cork is an independent, Cork-based charity. We provide emergency and longer term accommodation, education, outreach and support services to families, women and children across Cork City and County who are homeless or vulnerable to homelessness.
This position will involve working 24 hours per week & will require some evening and weekend work. Flexibility will be required about working hours. The location will vary. This is a permanent contract.
Reporting to the Manager the successful candidate will have:
- A B.A. in Early Years Childhood Studies, Child Psychology, Youth Work, Social Care, Social Work or relevant qualification.
- Have a minimum of 3 years’ experience supporting children and families who have witnessed or experienced domestic, sexual violence or trauma.
- An excellent knowledge and understanding of the Children’s First Guidelines for Child Protection and Safeguarding
- Have a knowledge and understanding of the effects of homelessness on the child and family.
- A knowledge and understanding of Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACE’s) and awareness of the long term impact of trauma on children.
- Professional, caring and empathetic approach to working with vulnerable adults, children and families.
- Excellent interpersonal and team working skills.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- A genuine interest in the work of Good Shepherd Cork and commitment to our vision, mission and values.
Join Our Team - Benefits:
- 24 days annual leave (pro-rata), in addition to bank holidays.
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme
- Company pension with company contribution.
- Excellent training and support and supervision
- Paid Sick Leave Policy
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Commuter Travel Tax Savers Ticket
Please see job description attached to this advert.
To apply please submit your application form and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is 5:00pm, Monday 11th July 2022