In Sync Youth & Family Services: Youth Counsellor Posts
In Sync Youth & Family Services
Youth Counsellor Posts
- 1 x Full Time Post (12 month contract)
- 1 x 2.5 day Post (12 month contract)
- 1 x 3 Day Post (12 month contract)
In Sync Youth & Family Services supports young people, children and families in Co. Kildare & West Wicklow to enable them to live a full and active life within their communities and society. The Youth Counselling Service is a Tusla funded project, which aims to provide 1:1 therapeutic support to young people from 11-25 years and their families.
The successful candidates will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to provide a professional 1:1 counselling service to young people and their families, as well as group-based interventions.
Candidates must hold I.A.C.P. / I.A.H.I.P. / P.S.I. accreditation or equivalent. In order to be shortlisted for interview your application should clearly demonstrate that you have:
- Two years post-qualification experience of working with young people in a therapeutic context
- Experience of providing evidence-informed, goal-focused, brief interventions to young people and their carers.
- Experience of processing referrals to and from families, G.P.s, schools, youth groups, social workers, primary health care professionals etc.
- Experience of working within a multidisciplinary team.
The position also requires that the successful candidate will have a full clean driving licence and may be required to travel as part of their work. A panel may be created for similar posts that emerge within the next 12 months.
The successful candidate will be employed by In Sync Youth & Family Services on a 12 month fixed-term contract, including a 6 month probationary period. In Sync is an organisation that supports employees in a variety of ways i.e. family friendly policies, flexible working arrangements, blended working; generous annual leave allowance; paid maternity leave; internal support & supervision; support for external clinical supervision; and, support for continuous professional development etc.
Completed applications will be accepted by In Sync electronic application form only.
This position is funded by the HSE & Tusla In Sync is an equal opportunities employer