Make A Wish Ireland: Donor Relations Officer
Donor Relations Officer - Make-A-Wish Ireland
Position: Donor Relations Officer
Location: Dublin - Hybrid Working in Place
Closing Date: 11th July 2022 – 3pm
Salary: €32,000 - €36,000
Employment Type: 2-year fixed term
About Make A Wish Ireland
Make-A-Wish Ireland has one simple aim – we grant the wishes of children aged between 3 and 17 years living with life-threatening medical conditions, to enrich the human experience with hope, strength and joy. Since 1992, Make-A-Wish Ireland has granted wishes for more than 2,000 brave children across the country.
Make-A-Wish Ireland is hiring an Donor Relations Officer to join our team, with specific responsibility for Individual Giving, Donor retention and recruitment. The person will be required to maintain and grow our income from individual donors using new and current Make-A-Wish campaigns.
This is an exciting new role for a motivated fundraiser and the successful candidate will be an important part of the organisation as they grow their fundraising team over the coming years.
The role of Donor Relations Officer
This role is very suitable for someone who has experience in fundraising and donor care management or someone with similar transferable skills, such as individual account management.
A typical day would involve collaborating with the Wish Granting team, developing impactful stories, working with the Marketing team and developing campaigns for individual donor giving. The successful candidate will join the team on wish -granting, to fully understand the impact of the work that Make-A-Wish has.
To succeed in this role, you will have prior experience of donor care or account management. You will love working with a team and have exceptional people skills. You will be creative and capable of creating a compelling story. Access to a car is important too - you will enjoy attending events and activities during busy times of the year!
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Work to increase our supporter numbers and regular individual giving as part of our wider fundraising strategy
- Working with the Fundraising Manager, produce, test and implement a full range of supporter recruitment and development techniques, using both online and traditional media
- Implement compelling supporter journeys to inspire individuals and motivate them to donate and make sure they see the value of their ongoing support and contribution
- Help to develop joined up, multi-channel fundraising and campaigning initiatives to engage with current and potential individual givers in the most inspiring and effective ways possible
- Contribute to and deliver against annual budgets, targets and plans, working alongside the Fundraising Manager
- Represent Make-A-Wish at local, regional and national fundraising activities and events
- Assist in the management of media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- Update & maintain CRM (Salesforce) with accurate and timely information
- Undertake other duties as might be reasonably assigned from time to time in consultation with the Fundraising Manager
Skills and Competencies
- Fundraising, donor care, donor retention or similar account or customer care experience
- A full driving licence and access to a car - this position requires some travel
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills by phone and in person
- Highly articulate with ability to ask, negotiate and influence
- Computer literate, highly numerate with excellent writing and presentation skills
- Experienced in working to and achieving targets
- A clear understanding and passion for the mission, values of Make-A-Wish
- The ability to work on your own and as part of a team; flexibility, a team player, willingness to assist in achieving team goals beyond your own roles responsibilities is essential
- Experience in the use of CRM (e.g. Salesforce) is desirable
If you are motivated to work in a highly impactful organisation, you love meeting people, creating captivating stories and working on campaigns that bring about hope joy and happiness and you have experience in fundraising or a similar background, then this could be the role for you!
Please apply directly to email@example.com and use the job title:
Donor Relations Officer and name of the organisation, Make-A-Wish, as the subject of your email.
The recruitment campaign for the role of CEO is being managed exclusively on behalf of Make-A-Wish Ireland by non-profit specialist recruitment consultancy CCI Executive Search. If you would like more information or would like to talk to someone about this role, please contact us on the email above.
Closing Date: Monday 11th July at 3pm
Interviews will take place on: Thursday 21st July 2022