Youth Work Ireland Cavan Monaghan: Youth Worker
Category: Youth Worker.
Title: Youth worker
Team: Youth Information
Hours: 30 hours per week.
Reports to: Line Manager.
Relevant Salary Scale: YWICM Youth Worker Scale G3
Contract Type: Fixed Term.
Contract Expiry: 31/12/2022 (Automatic Renewal Subject to Funding)
Closing date for applications: Friday 8th July at 5pm
Please note this is an indicative guide to specific responsibilities of the role, and may change from time to time in accordance with the requirements of the organisation. This role will be a dual base position carried out between Castleblayney & Carrickmacross with a focus on Carrickmacross
- To work as part of the overall YWICM team to deliver an effective and innovative youth service for County Monaghan.
- To be responsible for the implementation of the Youth Information project, this will include a minimum of three evenings including Friday evening up to midnight and weekends when necessary.
- To take a leadership role in developing and supporting programmes and development opportunities that arises through the project.
- To actively seek information relevant to young people and keep up to date with local and national issues/topics effecting young people.
- To provide relevant up to date, youth information to young people and those who work them in a variety of ways, online, group work, one to ones.
- To work on line as part of the National YIC Chat service, in co operation with spunout.ie
- To provide a service that responds to needs of young people in identified areas of work through provision of programmes and services.
- Recruitment and training of volunteers sufficient to meet the demands of the service.
- To be responsible for the supervision and management of volunteers within their area, ensuring that the service is of high quality and is in line with the values and policies of the organisation.
- To model “best practice” for volunteers within the service.
- To act at all times within organizational policy and practice guidelines and to take immediate appropriate action when necessary.
- To ensure that accurate and efficient records are maintained and reports completed for management, board and funders when requested.
- To champion Youth Information and support Youth Work Ireland Cavan Monaghan in its development and growth.
- To engage in any other duties requested by the Team Leader or Director. This includes involvement in the organisations campaigning and lobbying, training and research, supporting other areas of work and fundraising initiatives or any other duty as directed by management.
- To attend team meetings and other meetings at the request of the Team Leader or Regional Director.
- To represent Youth Work Ireland Cavan Monaghan and the Youth Information Project on committees relevant to the area of work as directed by the team leader.
- To be a positive contributor to the overall Youth Service Team in Monaghan and Cavan.
The project will work in principal with the following Target Groups (TGs)
TG1: Early School Leavers (Carrickmacross/ Castleblayney)
TG2: Drug & Substance Misuse (Carrickmacross/ Castleblayney)
TG3: New Communities (Carrickmacross/ Castleblayney)
TG4: Youth Information (Co. Cavan/ Co. Monaghan)
- Candidates must hold a full driving licence as travelling between centres will be essential to the role.
- Candidates should posses a third level graduate qualification in Youth Work, Social Studies or a related field or 3 years experience.
- Candidates should have excellent IT Skills.
- Experience of carrying out practice research, data analysis and reporting.
- NSETS endorsed 3rd level qualification
Essential Candidates should have a minimum of 3 year’s experience of working with young people either in a paid or voluntary capacity.
- Adult training and/or facilitation
- Experience of project management and supervision of staff and/or volunteers
- Experience of researching & creating accessible & reliable youth information.
- Experience of using social media & online platforms.
Essential Candidates must be able to demonstrate a theoretical and practical knowledge of youth work, group work, project development and reporting requirements within the sector.
- Project management, leadership, creativity and innovation
ABILITY AND ATTRIBUTES
- Candidates should possess excellent communication skills.
- Candidates should possess excellent presentation skills.
- Candidates must be aligned with our organisational values.
- Candidates must exhibit a strong commitment to young people’s rights.
- Candidates must be effective at time management with the ability to oversee a number of projects at any given time.
- Candidates must be self-motivated and have the ability to work on own initiative as well as work as part of a team.
- Candidates must be flexible and have the ability to change to be available or willing to work unsociable hours as occasionally required.
- To be a supportive team player.
- Candidates should have a sound knowledge and understanding of research and methods of evaluation and have the ability to apply these to their work place setting.
- Candidates must be willing to drive as part of the role.
- Candidates must cooperate with all housekeeping elements in all areas of work.
Youth Work Ireland Cavan Monaghan are delighted to bring you this opportunity in partnership with Cavan Monaghan Education & Training Board & the Department for Children Equality, Disability, Integration & Youth