St Catherine's Association: Senior Speech & Language Therapist
St. Catherine’s Association Newcastle, Greystones, Co. Wicklow
We have an exciting opportunity for a: Senior Speech and Language Therapist
To join our team supporting children and young adults with intellectual disability
Permanent Part-time (18.7 hrs/week)
A self-motivated individual who understands how to motivate a team of professionals to achieve a collective set of goals. You are committed to on-going professional development and use of evidence-based practice. You are able to plan and deliver care in an effective and resourceful manner. You are aware of national and international best practice in relation to service provision in disability services. You have excellent communication skills.
Catherine’s Association is a non-profit organisation and registered charity funded by the HSE that provides care to individuals with intellectual and other disabilities. We provide Residential Living for children and adults, Respite and Alternative Short Break Options for children, Day Service for adults, Nursing, Positive Behaviour Support, and access to clinical supports through referral to Progressing Disability Services, and other related supports.
- Work within the Speech and Language Therapy Department to deliver services to individuals with intellectual and/or physical disabilities including supporting their families.
- You will be responsible for your own caseload and for assessment, planning, implementation and review of treatment/intervention programmes for individuals in our care using a person centred approach.
- You will keep up to date with the relevant changes and best practice in the field of intellectual disability, driving and participating in evidence based practise.
- Supervising staff, prioritising and allocating work and promoting positive staff morale and team working.
- You will communicate and work in co-operation with members of an inter-disciplinary team in providing an integrated quality service.
Reports to: Head of Operations
- A recognised qualification in Speech and Language Therapy approved by the Department of Health and Children.
- A minimum of 3 years post qualification experience.
- CORU registration (possess on closing date).
- Necessary qualification to work with clients with a wide range of feeding/eating/drinking/swallowing disorders (FEDS).
- Relevant clinical experience working with clients who have intellectual disabilities and autism.
- Experience working within an inter-disciplinary team.
- Excellent IT and communication skills.
- Full drivers licence and access to a car.
We support our team members to grow and develop in their careers, offering many opportunities for professional development as part of this exciting and varied role.
Salary: As per the HSE Consolidated Pay Scale.
Please send your CV to email@example.com or call Debbie Carr on 087 1946126 for details.
Closing Date: 5pm Friday July 8th