LauraLynn Ireland’s Children’s Hospice: Bereavement Co-ordinator
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
LauraLynn's mission is to provide a Community of Care that delivers evidence-based, personalised services to children with palliative care needs, complex care needs and complex disabilities, while also providing family support services and a home to our residents where quality-of-life is paramount.
Title: Bereavement Co-ordinator
Hours: Full time
Contract Type: Permanent
Job Closing Date: (5pm, Friday 20th May 2022)
The Bereavement Coordinator will work collaboratively with the LauraLynn Family Support & Hospice Care Team to ensure that bereavement care is organised around the needs of the children and their families.
They will be responsible for shaping, developing, and delivering the Bereavement Pillar in Laurelyn’s Model of Care, ensuring an effective Bereavement Service, with a pastoral care approach, which is sensitive to the needs of families whose child is nearing the end of life or whose child has died.
- Free car parking
- Subsidised restaurant
- Pension scheme
- VHI group scheme
- EAP – free confidential staff support service including one to one counselling
- Wellbeing programme
- Excellent learning and development opportunities
- Comprehensive orientation pack
- Flexible working options
Essential Criteria - ideally the successful candidate will possess the following:
- Minimum of NFQ level (8) in relevant studies i.e., Bereavement studies, Social Work, Pastoral Care, Loss, and Bereavement
- Experience in supporting bereaved people i.e., bereavement counselling or training.
- Experience of working with a group of professionals to achieve a common goal.
- Experience of liaising with a wide range of statutory and voluntary sector services
- Professional experience working with bereaved children and families.
Please note that whilst this position is not publicly funded the salary is linked to the national pay scales.
How to Apply:
For a full job description and person specification contact our HR Department, E: firstname.lastname@example.org
For informal enquiries please contact Annette Hanlon, Assistant Director of Nursing on 01 2893151 or E: email@example.com
To apply please send your CV and cover letter to Human Resources firstname.lastname@example.org or by post: HR department, LauraLynn Ireland’s Children’s Hospice, Leopardstown Road, Dublin 18.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.