In Sync Youth & Family Services: West Wicklow UBU Youth Project Youth Counsellor (Part-Time)
West Wicklow UBU Youth Project
Youth Counsellor (P/T - 14 hours per week)
In Sync Youth & Family Services is a dynamic voluntary organisation dedicated to working with children, young people and their families in their local communities. We are committed to their personal and social development within their own communities and the provision of quality youth & family services. In Sync Youth & Family Services have adopted an integrated multi-disciplinary approach to our work, to more effectively identify and meet the emerging needs of children, young people, & their families in Kildare and West Wicklow.
The West Wicklow Youth Project is a UBU Project funded by the Department of Children, Equality, Disability, Integration and Youth (DCEDIY) through Kildare & Wicklow Education & Training Board (KWETB).
The Youth Counsellor will work as part of a multi-disciplinary youth project team to provide a professional and accessible, counselling, education and information service to the community, to young people and their families. You will be primarily based in Blessington, & serve Dunlavin, Baltinglass & surrounding communities.
Your application should clearly demonstrate that you have experience of:
- The assessment of young people for counselling support
- One-to-one counselling with young people
- Facilitation of psycho-educational group-based mental health programmes for young people
- Liaising with and processing referrals to and from G.P.s, schools, youth groups, social workers, primary health care professionals and others as appropriate.
- The prompt identification and notification of Child Protection and Welfare Concerns in accordance with In Sync Youth & Family Services Policies and Procedures.
- Maintaining records & observing professional standards in respect of confidentiality and data protection
- Both clinical supervision and line management support & supervision.
- Suitably qualified applicants must be eligible for registration with IACP, PSI or equivalent, and
- Ideally the candidate will have knowledge / experience of youth work and of working with ‘at-risk’ young people.
- a full clean driving license and own transport.
The successful candidate will be employed by In Sync Youth & Family Services on a 12-month fixed-term contract, renewable subject to funding, including a 6-month probationary period with a scheduled start date in early July. Closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday 3rd June, 2022. In-person interviews are scheduled for Tuesday 14th June, 2022. In Sync Youth & Family Services may panel from this interview process for future vacancies. For a job description and application form contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be by In Sync electronic application form only to: email@example.com Please read the advertisement fully and supply the information requested. Do not attach CVs or cover letters with your application. Completed application forms must contain details of three referees (including your current or most recent employer).
In Sync Youth & Family Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.