In Sync Youth & Family Services: Athy UBU Youth Project Team Leader
Athy UBU Youth Project Team Leader (35 hours per week)
In Sync Youth & Family Services is a dynamic voluntary organisation dedicated to working with children, young people and their families in their local communities. We are committed to their personal and social development within their communities and the provision of quality youth & family services through an integrated multi-disciplinary approach. In Sync Youth & Family Services have adopted an organisational structure that is intended to facilitate the integrated multi-disciplinary approach to our work, and create the flexibility to identify and meet the emerging needs of children, young people, their families and communities in Kildare and West Wicklow.
The Athy Youth Project is a UBU Project funded by the Department of Children, Equality, Disability, Integration and Youth (DCEDIY) through Kildare & Wicklow Education & Training Board (KWETB). The Team Leader will work to implement our current Strategic and Operational Plans through an integrated service model and will lead the project team to develop and implement services and interventions for young people in the locality based on their identified needs. This post is primarily based in Athy.
The successful candidate must have:
- a level 7 qualification or higher in Youth Work, Community Work, Social Studies or Social Care.
- a minimum of 3 years’ experience of working in a youth work setting with ‘at-risk’ young people in a paid capacity.
- experience of developing positive working relationships with young people, their families and communities.
- experience of leading a team and of providing line management, support & supervision to staff/volunteers/students.
- experience of working on an inter-agency basis with a range of partners.
- a good working knowledge of the youth work sector in Ireland
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills and strong recording, writing, reporting and evaluation skills & experience.
- a willingness to work unsocial hours and a time off in lieu system.
- a full clean driving license and own transport.
The successful candidate will be employed by In Sync Youth & Family Services on a 12-month fixed-term contract, renewable subject to funding, including a 6-month probationary period with a scheduled start date in early July. Closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday 3rd June, 2022. In-person interviews are scheduled for Tuesday 14th June, 2022. In Sync Youth & Family Services may panel from this interview process for future vacancies. For a job description and application form contact: email@example.com
Applications will be by In Sync electronic application form only to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please read the advertisement fully and supply the information requested. Do not attach CVs or cover letters with your application. Completed application forms must contain details of three referees (including your current or most recent employer).
In Sync Youth & Family Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.