Barnardos: Personal Assistant to Director of Services - Dublin
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
Ireland’s leading children’s charity is recruiting:
Personal Assistant to Director of Services, Dublin
Location: Barnardos National Office, Christchurch Square, Dublin 8, hybrid and with some travel to other locations
Contract: Full-time (37 hours per week) and permanent
Salary: €26,007- €41,013 (D.O.E.)
Job Title: Personal Assistant to Director of Services
Address/Location: Barnardos National Office, 4 Christchurch Square, Dublin 8.
Contact Details: Recruitment@barnardos.ie Tel.: 01-453 0355
What does the Personal Assistant to Director of Children’s Services do?
The PA will be a support to the Director of Services. The administrative support is a key function for the Director of Children’s Services who works closely with all areas of Barnardos and other Directors across regions covering 55 services in over 40 locations and projects throughout the Republic of Ireland. Comprehensive and confidential one-to-one communications and administrative support to the Director of Children’s services is central to this role.
Who are Barnardos?
Barnardos believes in Children first and supports the wellbeing of children in Ireland, by working with them, their families and communities. Barnardos is Ireland’s leading children’s charity, established here in 1962.
Where are Barnardos services?
We have over 40 project locations across the Republic of Ireland – See more about our services on our Website https://www.barnardos.ie/our-services. This hybrid role base is at Barnardos National Office, Christchurch Square, Dublin with some travel to other locations, as required.
Who does this role work with?
This is an administrative support role working with the Organisation and staff who provide services for children. Barnardos’ partnership-based approach includes working with government and other agencies and professionals involved in the care of children.
Where can I find out more?
To provide a confidential and comprehensive Personal Assistant service to the Director of Children’s Services (DoCS) and other members of the Senior Management Team, as required. To enable the gathering of data and flow of information between children services and remainder of organisation.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Highly organised and strong at co-ordinating activities
- Awareness of confidentiality and the ability to deal with sensitive queries
- Teamwork required and the ability to work in collaboration with others
- Ability to work on own initiative and to consult where appropriate
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise competing demands
- Flexibility and adaptability in terms of tasks and time is essential for this post.
- Good attention to detail
- Minimum of 3 years’ directly relevant experience essential at a senior level
- Leaving certificate or equivalent as minimum level of education
- Advanced working knowledge of technological solutions including MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook)
Full driving licence and access to a suitably insured vehicle.
Flexibility to travel to other Barnardos locations in line with the needs of the work.
The post-holder is initially assigned to work in the National Office, Dublin 8 but may be required in the future to work in other locations in the Dublin area in line with organisational needs.
For full job description and to apply please visit www.barnardos.ie/jobs
Closing date: 12pm Friday 20th May 2022.
Interview date: To be confirmed.
Shortlisting will apply (please note, CVs are not accepted on their own, candidates must complete and submit our application form through Barnardos website).