Horizon House: Team Leader & Social Care Workers
Horizon House has exciting Career Opportunities for:
Team Leader x 1 and Social Care Workers
Horizon House is a small independent family owned home in operation for the past 13 years. We provide a warm and nurturing environment and take pride in the work we do with the young people. We and are based in the suburbs of North Dublin. Our services in Dublin offer the successful applicants an excellent opportunity to join an exciting childcare facility, allowing them to play an active role in service development, while working within a structured and supportive team.
Our services in Dublin offer the successful applicants an excellent opportunity to join an exciting childcare facility, allowing them to play an active role in service development, while working within a structured and supportive team.
Welltree Model of Care:
Horizon House are the only private residential service that has access to and are rolling out the Welltree Model of Care in the country. The Welltree model is informed by the national outcomes framework and the goal of this is that all young people are respected, protected and fulfilled, where their voices are heard and they are supported to achieve the maximum of their potential now and in the future. The Welltree model promotes and provides highly effective responses to meet the needs and address the risks that may be presented by traumatised young people. The approach respects each individual's gender, culture and beliefs and focuses on the development of healthy relationships which challenge and support young people without judging them. Personal accountability is accomplished through the provision of unconditional positive regard, honest and empathy.
If you think you have the appropriate knowledge, qualification and experience, are looking for a challenge, and would like to contribute your skills and expertise to building a safe and positive home for young people please make your application as outlined below.
- Candidates must have a relevant qualification. At a minimum a BA in Social Care/Applied Social Studies, Social Work, Social Sciences, Psychology, Psychotherapy, Youth and Community, Teaching or Nursing.
- Experience working with young people with challenging behaviour, and in a therapeutic setting.
- A full clean driving licence.
Horizon House is committed to the ongoing development of staff through the provision of quality training, support and supervision. These positions offer an excellent opportunity for the right candidates to work within an exciting new and dynamic project.
Benefits when working with Horizon House;
- Flexible working schedule to support staff members
- Competitive incremental salary and generous overnight allowance (in addition to hourly rate)
- Fantastic full inhouse training opportunities
- Dynamic, dedicated and caring staff team
- Company social events
- Employment Assistance Programme available to help support team's wellbeing
- Cycle back to work scheme
Garda Vetting is a requirement for these positions.
Remuneration: Pay scales are offered in accordance with Tusla scales. This is reviewed annually at an incremental level and is based on two 24 hour shifts per week.
- Social Care Worker : Point 1 37,000 euro
- Team Leader: Point 1 42,000 euro
- Sick Leave
- Parents Leave
- Health and Safety Leave
- Peer Support
- Team Building exercises, organisation funded
Location: Dublin North
Contract: Full time
Please send CV and completed application form to Gwen: email@example.com