Society of Saint Vincent de Paul: Senior Childcare Worker – ECCE Leader
Senior Childcare Worker – ECCE Leader
Reference No: SCWECCE0122
Location: St. Josephs’ Childcare Centre, Waterford (South East Region)
Hours: 30 hours per week
Published: Thursday 13th January 2022
Closing Date: 4 pm Thursday 27th January 2022
The main purpose of the Senior Childcare Worker is to provide quality early childhood care and education to children by organising and running the childcare room.
The ideal candidates will possess the following:
- A third level qualification at Level 8 in Early Childcare and Education
- Preferably 2 years ‘experience in relevant childcare role
- Be a strong team player
- Ability to lead, support and motivate a team
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Enthusiasm and an interest in supporting and empowering young children and their families
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrate excellent listening and supportive skills
- Be patient with a well-developed sense of humour
- Have a child centred approach to activities
- Knowledge of the Society and of its mission and values
- Knowledge of the needs and issues of the poor and disadvantaged
- Knowledge of Aisteoir, Siolta, Better start programmes and aim
- Good knowledge of underlying principles in early years education
- Knowledge of Covid-19 health and safety measures and procedures.
- Knowledge of up-to-date legislation, regulation and guidance governing childcare and afterschool (including Covid-19)
Life at SVP – Why work for us?
- 23 days annual leave to start
- Pension: 5% employer and employee contribution with an option to increase to 7%.
- 2 discretionary days (Good Friday & Christmas Eve)
- Group discount for Hospital Saturday Fund (HSF)
- Paid Sick Leave (following probation period with entitlement increasing with length of service)
- Education Support for job relevant courses
- Paid Maternity & Paternity Leave (18 weeks full maternity leave pay for staff with more than 12 months service & 2 weeks full paternity leave pay for staff with more than 12 months service
- Employee Assistance Programme
If you have the desire to join one of Ireland’s best known, trusted and respected not-for-profit organisations, please go to www.svp.ie/Jobs for details on how to apply, including full job description and application form. You can apply online directly at www.svp.ie/jobs or post your completed application form to Human Resources, SVP House, 91-92 Sean McDermott Street, Dublin 1. Please note that we do not accept CVs.
Appointment is subject to satisfactory references and Garda Vetting. Canvassing will not be accepted and may lead to disqualification. Due to the large volume of applications, we are not in the position to provide individual feedback to candidates who are not shortlisted.
SVP is an Equal Opportunities Employer