YMCA Dublin: Project Coordinator - Réidh Programme
Project Coordinator - Réidh Programme
Organisational Context: YMCA Dublin has been working with young people in Dublin City for over 160 years. We run programmes in youth work, education, family support, community childcare and community employment. To support our services, we run two social enterprises – YMCA Gyms in Aungier Street and Sandymount, and YMCA Childcare in Aungier Street.
We have recently created our strategic plan 2019-2024 and have the aspirational goal of establishing at least 3 new community spaces. These will provide purpose built facilities offering a wide range of community activities and facilities, including high quality childcare. This is a new role for Dublin YMCA.
Réidh programme is intended for young people who have left education early or are struggling with unemployment in Dublin.
The Réidh Programme Coordinator will manage all aspects of running and facilitating this innovative pilot programme. We intend to develop a non-formal learning context, with learners participating in a collaborative process where their learning experience is tailored to their individual learning needs. These negotiated and personalised learning outcomes reflect the reality that each young person has a different starting point and onward journey.
This is a new role for YMCA Dublin, with an initial 1-year fixed-term contract. The Réidh Programme Coordinator will work as part of the Youth Spaces team, reporting to the Youth Spaces Management.
- Oversee and lead the day-to-day running of the programme for participants, which may include but not be limited to - Mentoring, Coaching, Project Based Learning, Short-term training courses, Learning Communities, FETAC modules, check-in meetings, drop-in sessions, workshops.
- Maintain and manage the programme facilitation space.
- Promote the programme to stakeholders, participants, potential parties, etc.
- Reach KPIs and agreed programme targets.
- Manage programme staff in all of their duties and responsibilities, lead by example.
- Maintain positive and constructive relationships with all participants.
- Communicate with and advocate on behalf of the programme with all stakeholders, including corporates. Develop and maintain working relationships with all stakeholders.
- Maintain and establish new relationships with stakeholders.
- Actively advocate for participants at all times.
- Compile and produce reports and briefings as required.
- Gather qualitative and quantitative data of programme for evaluation and promotion.
- Strategic planning as the programme develops and evolves.
- Budget ownership, management, and planning.
- Showcase the impact of the Réidh Programme and YMCA Dublin appropriately.
- Operate programme in line with the ethos and mission of YMCA Dublin.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills - written, verbal, and digital
- Ability to understand and execute complex instructions
- Capability to develop and pioneer a new programme
- Research and report writing experience
- Full digital literacy
Salary: €39,000 per annum
Annual Leave: 22 days (inclusive of 2# YMCA leave days: Good Friday & Christmas Eve)
Hours of work: 37.5 not including breaks
Childcare: 50% discount
Anticipated Start Date: February 28th 2022