Le Cheile Family Resource Centre: Play Therapist (free-lance)
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
Le Cheile FRC, Mallow are recruiting for a free-lance Play Therapist
Hours of Work: 10-12 hours per week minimum, beginning in January 2022
Le Cheile FRC is committed to providing a range of supports and services that contribute to the well-being of service users. Play Therapy is a new service provision for Le Cheile FRC, Mallow.
- To work as a member of the Counselling team, providing a high-quality play therapy service to children
- To be responsible for holding and managing a clinical caseload and to exercise autonomous professional responsibility for the planning and prioritising of own workload and the assessment, treatment and discharge of clients, within the bounds of Le Cheile FRC’s operational policies
- To compile comprehensive assessment and treatment reports, as required
- To work collaboratively with the Counselling Co-ordinator in relation to in-take of children for play therapy, documentation, planning sessions and invoicing.
- Accredited qualification in play therapy – Essential
- Training in level 1 & 2 Theraplay (Desirable)
- 3 years experience of providing tailored therapeutic support to children who have experienced developmental trauma
- An understanding of developmental trauma, attachment, infant mental health, child development and neurodiversity, child and adolescent mental health issues
- An understanding of working therapeutically with children who have experienced developmental trauma and their carers/adoptive parents.
- An understanding of theory and research in the field of developmental trauma, attachment and therapeutic interventions with this population
- An understanding of the use of the creative arts in a therapeutic setting.
- An excellent understanding of safeguarding children issues as well as an understanding of care and control, notification procedures and equal opportunities, data protection and general good practice.
- Public Liability/ Professional Indemnity insurance and IACP or other relevant governing body membership
- Tax Clearance Certificate
- Two references for clinical work from previous placement or equivalent
- Be flexible with hours
- Complete Garda Vetting process
Send your CV and Letter of suitability outlining why you feel you would be the ideal candidate for the above position to email@example.com by 2pm on Friday 14th January 2022