Foróige - Portlaoise UBU Youth Service: Youth Officer with SYO
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
JOB TITLE : Youth Officer with SYO
Job Reference: FRGJOB_266
Foróige is the National Youth Development Organisation, which promotes and fosters youth development through the operation of various youth services in urban and rural areas throughout the country. Foróige is currently recruiting for the following position:
YOUTH OFFICER with SYO (responsibilities)
Portlaoise UBU Youth Service will enable young at people at risk of, or, not in education, training or employment, to overcome adversity and reach their full potential. The primary target group for this service are aged 10 to 19. The catchment area for the service is Portlaoise and the immediate catchment area, consisting of the five Electoral Divisions of Portlaoise Urban, Portlaoise Rural, Borris, Clondarrig and Shaen.
The successful applicant will have the following essential requirements;
- Education to National Degree standard.
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of Foróige’s philosophy and approach to youth work and engaging young people and families.
- A minimum of 3 years’ of relevant experience in working with young people.
- Experience in establishing, leading and coordinating new and innovative responses to youth needs.
- Ability to work in an efficient manner and to lead and motivate others.
- Car owner with full driving licence.
Please view the Job spec for full list of requirements.
Applications for the above vacancy should be made by way of Foróige Application form.
The deadline for returning completed application forms is 12 noon Thursday 20th January 2022
Foróige is committed to a policy of Equality of Opportunity in its employment practices.