Foróige - Youth Skills Kilkenny: Youth Officer
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
JOB TITLE : Youth Officer
Job Reference: FRGJOB_268
Foróige is the National Youth Development Organisation, which promotes and fosters youth development through the operation of various youth services in urban and rural areas throughout the country. Foróige is currently recruiting for the following position:
Youth Skills Kilkenny is managed by Foróige and funded by the Department of Children, Equality Diability Integration and Youth (DCEDIY) through the Targeted Youth Employability Support Initiative (TYSEI), supported by Kilkenny and Carlow Education and Training Board (KCETB). The specific aim of this Initiative is to target young people between 15 and 24 years of age who are not currently in employment, education or training (NEETs), in order for them to attain a level of confidence and agency and build skills to improve their likelihood of reengaging with education, training or employment.
The successful applicant will have the following essential requirements;
- Education to National Degree standard.
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of Foróige’s philosophy and approach to youth work and engaging young people and families.
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience of working with young people experiencing adversity in their lives and planning interventions in order to achieve the best possible outcomes with the young person and their family.
- Experience working with NEETs young people, particularly in delivering programmes to enhance their employability and improved their engagement with education and training.
- A good knowledge and understanding of the national policy framework for children and young people, Better Outcomes Brighter Futures (2014-2020), the National Youth Strategy (2015-2020) and the 2014 Value for Money Policy Review (VFMPR).
- Ability to work in an efficient manner and to lead and motivate others.
- Car owner with full driving licence.
Please view the Job spec for full list of requirements.
Applications for the above vacancy should be made by way of Foróige Application form.
The deadline for returning completed application forms is 12 NOON 20th January 2022
Foróige is committed to a policy of Equality of Opportunity in its employment practices.