Candle Community Trust: Youth Educator (Full-Time)
Candle Community Trust invites applications for the full-time post of Youth Educator.
About Candle Community Trust
Candle Community Trust provides educational, developmental, and therapeutic programmes for young people. We are committed to creating and delivering a comprehensive best practice service to meet the needs of young people and their families who experience disadvantage and marginalisation. Candle aims to provide a context for the physical, emotional, intellectual, social, and spiritual growth of the person. Candle is a progressive organisation that has pioneered the integration of the Trauma Recovery Model, Restorative Practices, and an Empowerment Model in their approach to working with young people and their families. This approach aims to address any underlying trauma or issues presenting and interventions are supported by Candle’s in-house therapeutic services.
The Youth Educator will work in the development and delivery of a range of QQI subjects (such as, Personal Effectiveness, IT Skills, Working with Groups, Community Development Practice), developmental and educational programmes to young people aged 15-21 years. It is important that the candidate has the skills and commitment to work with our target group, to support the personal and educational development of our learners and work within our key methodologies: Trauma Recovery Model, Empowerment Approach and Restorative Practices.
- Experience of delivering education, training or developmental programmes.
- Relevant degree or qualifications.
- Competent and confident to deliver educational programmes at Level 3, 4 and 5 on the National Framework of Qualifications.
- Experience of working with vulnerable and at-risk people.
- Ability to engage with young people, to build and maintain a good working relationship within a professional setting.
- An ability to effectively and sensitively manage difficult situations.
- Working creatively and imaginatively with young people in formal and informal educational and developmental contexts.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work effectively as a team member.
Please send CV and cover letter (3 pages max) to email@example.com, with ‘Youth Educator 001’ in the subject line.
Closing date for receipt of application is noon on Wednesday 8th December 2021.
Applications received after this deadline will not be accepted.
Garda Vetting applies to this position.
A panel will be formed from which future positions may be filled.
Candle Community Trust is an Equal Opportunities Employer