Foróige - Hub na nÓg: Creative Youth Participation Officer
JOB TITLE : CREATIVE YOUTH PARTICIPATION OFFICER
Job Reference: FRGJOB_263
Foróige is the National Youth Development Organisation, which promotes and fosters youth development through the operation of various youth services in urban and rural areas throughout the country. Foróige is currently recruiting for the following position:
CREATIVE YOUTH PARTICIPATION OFFICER, HUB NA nÓG
Foróige has been awarded the contract (2021 – 2023 with option of maximum two year extension) to provide Children and Young People’s Support Services – Hub na nÓg to the Department of Children, Equality, Disability, Integration and Youth (DCEDIY). This will build on Foróige’s previous record of the provision of these services since 2017. As part of the services, a Creative Youth Participation (CYP) Officer will be employed as part of the Hub na nÓg Initiative.
The successful applicant will have the following essential requirements;
- Education to a recognised 3rd Level Degree standard
- A minimum of 1 year relevant work experience
- Knowledge and understanding of the theory and practice on children and young people’s participation in decision-making
- Project management skills
- Expertise in developing methodologies for giving children and young people a voice in decision-making
- Expertise in consulting with children and young people, including experience of facilitating children and young people
- Training experience and skills
- Experience of effective stakeholder engagement and partnership working
Please view the Job spec for full list of requirements.
Applications for the above vacancy should be made by way of Foróige Application form.
The deadline for returning completed application forms is 12 NOON 15th December 2021
Foróige is committed to a policy of Equality of Opportunity in its employment practices.