Fr. McGrath Family Resource Centre: Children’s Services Manager
CHILDREN’S SERVICES MANAGER
The Fr. McGrath Family Resource Centre is seeking to employ a full time Children’s (Support) Services Manager.
This post will be responsible for the development and implementation of our Annual School Completion Programme Retention Plan and affiliated school age childcare and education support services. This project’s aim is to combat educational and social disadvantage through targeted interventions.
The minimum professional qualifications and experience required:
- Level 7 or higher in Early Childhood Care and Education, Social Care, youthwork or related discipline.
- 4 years experience working with children and young people in a community-based setting.
- 2 years leadership experience in a similar setting.
- Good knowledge of early school leaving and social disadvantage factors
- An excellent working knowledge and understanding of child development and the needs of school aged children
- A commitment and ability to lead quality care and practice in a team setting.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Experience of working in partnership with parents and other professionals.
- Experience in the implementation of Children First Guidelines and all matters relating to Child Protection
- A good working knowledge of and demonstrated capacity to working in and maintaining an inclusive environment for children and families.
- A full clean drivers license and access to a car. (Desired, not essential).
- Empathy, approachability and an ability to relate to children and young people
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, including strong report writing.
- Good IT proficiency, including experience of MS Word, Excel and internet.
- A professional, personable manner
- A creative, flexible, child-centred approach.
Applications should be made by forwarding cover letter and CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 3rd December. Job descriptions details please contact Karin Todd 056 7751988 or email email@example.com.
This is an annually funded position.