Childhood Development Initiative: Literacy Coordinator - (Job Share)
Job Title: Literacy Coordinator - (Job Share)
Employer: The Childhood Development Initiative (CDI)
Location of Post: Fettercairn, Tallaght West, Dublin 24
Contract: The Contract of Employment is for 15 hours per week (times to be agreed), until July 2022.
The Literacy Coordinator will report to the Programme Manager.
S/he will work in collaboration/partnership with CDI staff, management, School Principals and School Completion Programmes and other stakeholders where relevant to support the delivery of Doodle Den, Doodle Families and Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library.
The Literacy Coordinator will be employed by CDI.
Purpose of the Post:
To support the delivery of CDI’s literacy-based interventions which are Doodle Den Doodle Families and Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
The Literacy Coordinator will:
Support the delivery of CDI’s literacy programmes by:
- Working with service providers to ensure the programmes are delivered as intended in terms of ethos, manual content, dosage, quality and cost.
- Providing coaching/mentoring/training as well as support and expertise to staff delivering CDI literacy programmes to ensure fidelity and quality.
- Undertaking site visits and providing quality improvement suggestions and recommendations.
- Facilitating and supporting others to facilitate ‘Communities of Practice’ sessions, and reflective practice to drive the continuing improvement of service delivery.
- Editing and updating programme manuals and portals to ensure suitability for use.
- Supporting data collection, interpreting, and disseminating processes and facilitating the application of findings to improve practice. Developing partnerships with organisations to ensure literacy programmes are delivered and replicated across an increased range of areas and need.. Developing and managing associated budgets, by informing and supporting relevant tender processes to ensure efficiency and value-for-money criteria are met.
- Any other duties as required.
Eligibility Criteria, Qualifications and/ or experience
- Candidates must have a relevant third level qualification in teaching, adult education, or literacy.
- The successful candidate will be literate in key IT software including word and excel.
- Three years relevant experience to the position.
Other requirements specific to the post. Driving Licence and access to vehicle are essential.
Skills, competencies and/or knowledge.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Sufficient knowledge and evidence-based practice to carry out the duties and responsibilities of the role.
- Ability to apply knowledge to practice.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to collaborate with a range of stakeholders
- Ability to design, develop and deliver training.
- Coaching and mentoring skills.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Ability to manage self in a busy working environment.
- Ability to effectively collect, analyse and use data to make appropriate decisions.
- Commitment to assuring high standards and fidelity in programme delivery.
- Commitment to working in partnership with parents and stakeholders including the ability to empathise with and treat service users / others with dignity and respect.
- Flexibility and openness to change.
- Engagement in and ability to utilise supervision effectively.
- Willingness to develop IT skills relevant to the role.
The salary scale for this post is (pro rata)
- Point 1 €42,436
- Point 2 €44,558
- Point 3 €46,680
- Point 4 €48,801
- Point 5 €50,923
- Point 6 €53,045
- Point 7 €55,167
- LS1 56,822
- LS2 58,526
Application Form and CV to be submitted by e-mail to Holly McGann firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications is 5.00pm on Friday 29nd October 2021 and interviews will take place during the week of November 6th.