Barnardos: Cook (Part-Time) - Dublin 15
Ireland’s leading children’s charity is recruiting:
Cook, Dublin 15
Location: Church Road, Mulhuddart, Dublin 15
Contract: Part Time (20 hrs) and Permanent
Salary: €12,238 - €17,738 DOE
Name of the Project: Barnardos Child and Family Services, Church Road,
Address/Location; Church Road, Mulhuddart, Dublin 15, D15Y886
Contact Details; 01 8204033
What is Barnardos?
Barnardos supports children whose well-being is under threat, by working with them, their families and communities and by campaigning for the rights of children. Barnardos was established in Ireland in 1962 and is Ireland’s leading Children’s charity.
What does our Project do?
The project delivers a range of programmes to young children and families in Dublin 15. Key programmes include:
- Tús Maith- Barnardos Preschool Programme.
- PwP- Partnership with Parents home based individual parenting programme.
- Circle of security parenting programme.
Where we work:
The catchment area is Dublin 15.
Self-Referrals are accepted along with Referrals from agencies/professionals
What will the Cook do?
- Prepare healthy breakfasts and dinner for children attending the service along with fresh fruit chopped during the day for the children.
- To clean and maintain the kitchen area in line with health and safety regulations.
- To operate within HACCP at all times and to maintain the paperwork accordingly.
To provide healthy, nutritious, child friendly food to children attending the service and their families.
- Ability to work and interact in a child central environment.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to maintain Hygiene & Safety standards required by Health & Safety regulation.
- Ability to demonstrate safe food handling practices.
- Ability to maintain a high standard of personal and work place environmental hygiene.
- Ability to operate within and maintain the Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points system.
- Ability to keep appropriate food safety records.
- Knowledge of legal responsibilities to ensure food safety.
- Ability to carry out a Health and Safety risk assessment and put in place safety measures in the food area.
- Demonstrate an understanding of cross-contamination and the hygiene practice necessary to prevent it.
- Flexibility and adaptability is required for the post.
- Knowledge of food safety signs.
- Previous cook experience in a commercial or service environment desirable.
- To have completed the Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points training, and have reached the at least standard level 1-2 in Food Handler Competency Standards.
For full job description and to apply please visit www.barnardos.ie/jobs
Closing date: 12pm on Tuesday 26th October
Interview date: Wednesday, 03rd November 2021
Shortlisting will apply (please note, CVs are not accepted on their own, candidates must complete and submit our application form through Barnardos website).