Fostering First Ireland: Social Care Worker (Maternity Cover)
Fostering First Ireland (FFI) is a leading independent fostering agency working in partnership with the Child and Family Agency (Tusla) in Ireland. Since being founded in May 2005, we have developed a reputation for providing carefully matched and well supported foster placements.
Our purpose is to achieve positive and lasting outcomes for children, families and communities. We will achieve our purpose by positively impacting the lives of children, young people, their families and carers through quality services and expert advice designed to provide support, build communities, improve skills, develop relationships and strengthen resilience.
Key to what we do is our culture and core values of
- Recognising everybody counts and is accountable
- Providing high quality and safe services
- Achieving excellence through continuous improvement
- Cultivating knowledge, innovation and learning
FFI wish to make the following appointment:
Social Care Worker (Maternity Cover – 8 month contract)
Location: Greater Dublin/Midlands area.
This post is a full time (35 hours per week) 8 months fixed term position.
Applicants must have:
- A recognised qualification (minimum Level 7) in Social Care, Youth Work or equivalent.
- A minimum of 2 years experience of working directly with children/young people in the care system or other related field.
- Knowledge of theoretical frameworks underpinning work with children and adolescents.
- A sound knowledge of child protection procedures and the requirements of the Children First Act 2015.
- The ability to take a flexible, child centred and creative approach to working with children and young people.
- A high degree of flexibility regarding working hours including regular evening and weekend working.
- Be prepared to engage in extensive travel.
For further information on Fostering First Ireland please visit www.fosteringfirstireland.ie or for an informal discussion please contact Aideen O’ Brien, Children’s Services Manager on 086 0416311.
Closing date for receipt of applications is Tuesday the 26th of October at 5pm.
Please note shortlisting of applicants will apply.
Please email completed application forms to email@example.com
Please note interviews will take place on the week beginning the 1st of November.