Youth Work Ireland Tipperary: Rural Outreach Worker – Youth Project
Youth Work Ireland Tipperary is a registered charity and voluntary youth work organisation. YWIT is leading provider of youth work programmes and services to young people in Tipperary. Applications are now invited from suitably qualified persons for the following post.
Job Title: Rural Outreach Worker – Youth Project (21 hours PW )
The purpose of this job is to implement the objectives and programmes of Youth Work Ireland Tipperary, and to work within the community to develop and deliver programmes and activities for young people living in rural Tipperary thus supporting the improvement of quality of life of young people.
Rural Outreach worker
Key responsibilities will include:
- Work as part of a team to develop the provision of quality youth service and the development of integrated initiatives responsive to youth needs.
- Recruitment and retention of local volunteers to run Voluntary led Youth Clubs
- Provision of volunteer training to support the establishment of new clubs and to provide ongoing opportunities for practice development
- Supporting volunteers in the development of good youth work practices
- Assisting with the delivery of Regional Events for young people
Ideal candidates for the post should demonstrate flexibility, motivation and initiative, have excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills. Have the ability to build and maintain relationships with local communities, volunteers and key stakeholders. The successful candidate will be committed to working in partnership with young people, local adults and allied professionals and will be a strong team player. Car and Full Driving Licence is essential.
PLEASE VIEW THE JOB SPEC (SEE BELOW) FOR FULL DETAILS ON ALL REQUIREMENTS.
HOW TO APPLY:
Complete YWIT Job application email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications for this vacancy should be made by way of YWIT Job Application form only. Completed application forms can be emailed. Closing date for receipt of applications is 5.00pm 27th October 2021.
Applications received after this deadline will not be accepted.
YWIT is committed to a policy of Equality of Opportunity in its employment practices.