Behaviour Detectives: Behaviour Support Therapist (Residential)
Behaviour Detectives are looking to expand their team due to the on-going expansion of our service. We are currently looking for a Residential Behaviour Support Therapist. You should be familiar with implementing and supporting skills development and managing behaviours of concern and individuals with Autism to develop to their full potential. A special interest in mental health and OCD like ritualistic behaviours is a must.
Behaviour Support Therapist (Residential)
Job Location: Dublin 10
Contract Type: Part-time and Full-time Positions
Hours: Hours are based on a timetable across the week 24/7. This role will require flexibility to facilitate the needs of the persons being supported.
Salary: We offer a competitive salary depending on the experience.
What we offer:
- Supportive and encouraging work environment for developing/enhancing Behaviour Analytic skills and overcoming behaviours of concern.
- Collaborative involvement in intervention strategies planning, opportunity to identify and develop specific goals (based on assessment curriculums such as AFLS), and implementing Behaviour Support strategies once developed.
- Direct contact and supervision from BCBA.
Hold a degree in Psychology/ Social Care/ Nursing or related area
Hold a Post-Graduate Qualification in Applied Behaviour Analysis or related area/ or be in pursuit of same/ or relevant experience and knowledge of ABA principles.
All candidates should:
- Ideally, have two years of experience working with individuals with Autism diagnosis and implementing Behaviour Support Plans.
- Experience in managing complex presentations and mental health difficulties.
- Experience in utilising the principles of Behaviour Analysis and Positive Behaviour Support.
- The ability to collect and analyse data.
- Flexible, enthusiastic and committed.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- In-depth understanding of ethical and professional practices.
- Experience working in the family home environment and community settings.
- Demonstrate initiative and have experience in programme planning and development.
- Be committed to the provision of high-quality Person-Centred services, supporting individuals to access their local communities and to develop to their full potential.
- Full B Licence required and access to own vehicle with business insurance is desirable.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your CV and a cover letter to Shane Shane@behaviourdetectives.ie
Position requires immediate start following the interviews
We are also looking for expressions of interest for the future to build up a panel of available Behaviour Support Therapists.