Saplings Special School for Children with Autism and Complex Needs: Vacancies
Saplings Special School for Children with Autism and Complex Needs, Kill, County Kildare, provides high quality, evidence-based education for 30 students with a primary diagnosis of ASD. We strive to support each student in our school by providing access to high quality curricula, rewarding and engaging schoolwork and social, emotional and behavioural support, to assist them to participate to the greatest extent possible in their school, family and community lives. We have a staff of 6 teachers (1 Administrative Principal and 5 Classroom Teachers), 1 Behaviour Analyst, 23 Special Needs Assistants, 1 secretary and 1 part time caretaker.
Saplings Special School for Children with Autism and Complex Needs is always on the lookout for hard-working, committed professionals to join our team. We have several roles available including fixed-term Special Needs Assistant Vacancies, long term substitution to cover a variety of absences (maternity leave, parental leave, sick leave etc), and short term substitution on an ad hoc basis when staff members are unavailable for work.
To be considered for this post applicants must demonstrate the following:
- Experience working with children/ young people with ASD and/ or disabilities.
- Excellent communication skills and teamwork skills
- Experience of and comfort with working with children/ young people who may exhibit challenging behaviour
- Ability to build trusting and respectful relationships
- A commitment to respecting the dignity and rights of children/ young people with disabilities through respecting their rights to a safe learning environment and confidentiality.
- Experience of evidence based methods of teaching and learning (preferable but not essential).
- Experience of following Behaviour Support Plans for children/ young people who engage in challenging behaviours including self-injury, aggression towards others and/or property damage (preferable but not essential).
Salaries are paid directly by the Department of Education and Skills in accordance with DES consolidated pay scales. Saplings Special School for Children with Autism and Complex Needs cannot negotiate or amend salaries for these positions. Further information in relation to salaries is available here: https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/84856-salary-scales/#special-needs-assistants-snas
Please send a cover letter, Curriculum Vitae and referee contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org. Enquiries can be directed to email@example.com or 045 878760. The closing date for applications is the 20th of November 2021.