Barnardos: Project Worker (Part-Time) - Dublin 15
Ireland’s leading children’s charity is recruiting:
Project Worker, Corduff, Dublin 15
Location: Springboard Project, 22 Corduff Park, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15.
Contract: Part–time, 22.5 hours per week, (Wednesdays and Thursdays 9am -5pm, Fridays 8.30 to 4.30pm) and fixed term contract for two year period.
Salary: €18,768- 29,009 D.O.E. This is the pro-rated salary for 22.5 hours per week.
Name of the Project: Corduff Springboard Family Support Project
Address/Location: 22 Corduff Park, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15
Contact Details: 01 8262434
At Barnardos Springboard Project in Corduff we provide a combination of Family Support and Initial Child Protection Assessment work on behalf of our funders Tusla and Dun Laoghaire Education and Training Board (ddletb). This role is specifically for the provision of family support work and will prioritise self-referrals from the waiting list for Corduff Springboard and Barnardos Child and Family Service in Mulhuddart.
Project worker will offer a variety of family support interventions to families who self- refer to the service and also to families referred by community organisations, schools and health care professionals. These interventions include:
- Partnership with Parents - a one to one home based parenting programme tailored to meet the needs of parents and their children. The programme focuses on parenting skills and child/parent relationships in order to make positive changes in the home.
- This Is Me - which is an evidence-based programme designed to guide interventions in working with children in conjunction with the important people in their lives. This work has a therapeutic focus and is based on the individual child's assessed needs. Its purpose is to build resilience and help children to understand and express their feelings and manage their own behaviour.
- Family Work – Project Workers work to support whole family functioning and to enhance family strengths to reduce family conflict and improve relationships and communication.
- Inter-Agency Work – the team works in partnership with and promotes inter-agency collaboration to ensure positive outcomes for children and their parents. We work closely with the social work teams, the voluntary / community services, PHN, Gardai and Tusla Prevention Partnership and Family Support Services.
To develop and implement programmes that respond to the needs of children and families referred to the service working in partnership with families and other organisations, community and voluntary bodies.
- Commitment to the delivery of quality services to children, young people, families and carers.
- Ability to act on own initiative and consult where appropriate.
- Ability to work under pressure, make decisions in consultation with the line manager when appropriate.
- To be committed to adhering to best practice in the work and be innovative and open to change.
- Flexibility and adaptability are essential for this post.
- Ability to form objective relationships with children, young people, families/carers, colleagues and other agencies.
- A minimum of 2 years’ post qualification experience of working with vulnerable children and families.
- Experience of working in partnership with families and carers.
- Experience of assessing children’s and families’ needs.
- Experience of planning, implementing and reviewing programmes with children and/or families.
- Experience of interagency working.
- Experience of preparing comprehensive needs led reports on children and families.
A recognised third level practice qualification (minimum Level 7 on the QQI, Course content should include relevant student placements) in one of the following:
- Social Care
- Social Work
- Youth Work
- Or related discipline (Nursing, Psychology and Early Years’ Education).
Full driving licence and access to the use of a suitably insured car essential.
The post holder is initially assigned to work in the Springboard project in Corduff, Dublin 15 but may be required in the future to work in other locations in the Dublin area in line with organisational needs.
For full job description and to apply please visit www.barnardos.ie/jobs
Closing date: 5pm, Monday 4th October 2021
Interview date: Wednesday 20th October 2021
Shortlisting will apply (please note, CV’s are not accepted on their own, candidates must complete and submit our application form through our website).