Quarryvale / Balgaddy School Completion Programme: Project Worker
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
Project Worker –
(Job Reference Code: QBPW21)
The Quarryvale/Balgaddy School Completion Programme operates across 5 schools (1 Post-Primary, 4 Primary) in the Clondalkin area. It is one of 122 School Completion Programmes nationwide. The main aim of the programme is to assist young people to completion of the Leaving Certificate or an equivalent qualification. This aim is achieved by positively impacting upon the attendance, participation and retention of young people in school.
The programme is seeking to employ a Project Worker (min. 28 hours p.w) on a fixed-term (Until 31st May 2022: Maternity Cover) contract. The position will be based mainly in the Post-Primary school. The successful candidate will be working directly with young people considered at risk of early school leaving.
Experience, Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Recognised third level qualification in Youth, Community, Social Work or Education
- Ability to plan, implement and evaluate programmes
- Ability to self-evaluate and critically reflect upon own work
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent IT skills, the ability to write reports, collect and collate data.
- Ability to facilitate group work and one-to-one sessions with students aged 5-18
- Knowledge of the Irish educational system
- Full clean driving licence and use of car
- Skills and abilities which can be brought to the role (e.g. Sport/Art/Music/IT)
- Experience of delivering programmes to young people
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Ability to work from own initiative
- Commitment to supporting the positive development of young people at risk of early school leaving
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent work ethic and commitment to the role
Applications consisting of a CV and cover letter must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 12pm on Friday 24th September 2021. Interviews will be held on the morning of Wednesday 29th September 2021. The job reference code should be included in both the cover letter and the email subject line.
Salary will be in line with the CDYSB Youth Worker Salary Scale. Successful Candidates will have to complete the garda e-vetting process.