Society of Saint Vincent de Paul: National Youth Development Co-Ordinator
National Youth Development Co-Ordinator
Reference No: YDCNO0821
Location: National Office, Dublin 1
Duration: Permanent Full Time
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Published: Monday 30th August 2021
Closing Date: 4 pm Monday 27th September 2021
The primary purpose of the role is is to lead the Young SVP programmes in SVP co-ordinating and promoting the development of School Conferences and Social Justice and social action focussed programmes in schools, while also working with and developing third level Conferences and actively encouraging the participation of young people in SVP.
The ideal candidates will possess the following:
- 3rd level qualification in Youth Work, education, or equivalent area.
- Training in group facilitation and learning with young people.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience of working with and using active learning methodologies with young people in group settings
- Experience coordinating youth projects and activities
- Experience in group facilitation and/or event management
- Experience in team leading or supervising staff and / or volunteers’ capacity to resource and support the work of volunteers
- Experience working in statutory /voluntary/ community settings
- Presentation skills and public speaking
- Excellent organisational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated with excellent team leading skills
- A team worker with an ability to prioritise tasks and to work well under pressure
- Enjoys working with young people and is passionate about social justice
- Persistent at carrying out tasks, is flexible and adaptable
- Ability to develop clear plans/ goals as well as tracking mechanisms to pinpoint progress
- Excellent IT skills including knowledge of record keeping and databases
- Flexible and enthusiastic and resourceful
- Enjoy being part of progressive and energetic team.
- The post holder will be required to hold a full clean Irish driving licence and to have access to a car which can be used for work
If you have the desire to join one of Ireland’s best known, trusted and respected not-for-profit organisations, please go to www.svp.ie/Jobs for details on how to apply, including full job description and application form. You can apply online directly at www.svp.ie/jobs or post your completed application form to Human Resources, SVP House, 91-92 Sean McDermott Street, Dublin 1.
Appointment is subject to satisfactory references and Garda Vetting. Canvassing will not be accepted and may lead to disqualification. Due to the large volume of applications we are not in the position to provide individual feedback to candidates who are not shortlisted for interview.
SVP is an Equal Opportunities Employer