Crosscare: Youth Development Officer - Clondalkin Youth Service
Position Title: Youth Development Officer
Agency/Programme: Crosscare Youth Services
Location: Crosscare Clondalkin Youth Service
Work Schedule: 37.5 hour full-time flexible working week including evenings and weekends, as required, to meet the needs of the service
Reports to: Youth Service Manager
Salary: Cerca 30K, DOE
To deliver Youth Work programmes and interventions based on Crosscare’s Youth Work Approach that are young person centered, outcomes focused and based on the identified needs, strengths and interests of young people with an emphasis on those most in need in the catchment area.
- To implement programmes in line with funding requirements
- To spend 70% of working hours in direct contact with young people, with an emphasis on those most in need
- Establish new programmes and projects as may be required within the area
- Develop and maintain community relationships
- Liaise with families and other relevant services or agencies as required
- To ensure organised programmes fit within the youth work process and Crosscare’s Youth Work Approach
- To work a minimum of three nights per week including Friday nights, and some weekends to meet the needs of the young people and the service as requested
- To carry out outreach and detached work to engage with young people who are not engaging
- To organise and participate in residentials as part of the youth work programme occasionally
- To attend and participate at staff meetings and other meetings as requested
- To represent the Youth Service, when requested, at various committees
- To submit all paperwork within the specified time period
- To apply for relevant grants related to ongoing work, in consultation with your line manager
- To work within the ethos and values of Crosscare
- To implement the Crosscare Strategy
- To attend training relevant to the work
- To manage challenging behaviours and situations
- To work in collaboration with the existing team
- To carry out any other duties assigned by your line manager
- Applicants must have a 3rd level qualification in Youth Work (or other relevant discipline) and a minimum of 1 years experience within this sector. The ideal candidate will have the above at Degree level.
- Full clean driving licence and own transport is essential. A D1 Mini bus licence would be an advantage also.
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Creativity & innovation
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Excellent organisational, time management & record keeping skills
- Excellent report writing skills
- Excellent facilitation and group work skills
- Empathy and understanding
- Negotiation skills
- Have an understanding of the work of Crosscare’s Youth Services
- Have an understanding of the National Policy Framework for Youth Work, in particular The Better Outcomes, Brighter Futures Policy Framework and the National Quality Standards Framework (NQSF)
To apply, please send an up to date CV and cover letter to: email@example.com clearly stating in the Subject line: Youth Development Officer Clondalkin Youth Service.
Closing date for all applications is 5 pm Friday 24th September.
CROSSCARE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER.
This job offer will be made subject to Garda Vetting.