Summerhill Community Childcare: Early Years Practitioner
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
Summerhill Community Childcare CLG
are recruiting an Early Years Practitioner
Job Title: Early Years Practitioner
Location: Summerhill Community Childcare
Reporting to: The Childcare Manager
Hours: 39 Hours per week
Summerhill Community Childcare are currently seeking an Early Years Practitioner who is dynamic, creative and engaging individuals who enjoy working with children. As a Childcare Professional you will work with the Childcare Manager to support and enhance the children’s development, social-emotional learning and academics.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- The day to day responsibility of children in your care.
- Implement and review activities appropriate to the groups needs so as to provide for children’s physical, language, emotional, social and cognitive development
- Carry out duties in line with Policies and Procedures developed by the Childcare Service and in line with the Preschool Regulations.
- Plan curriculum/activities in line with the Siolta & Aistéar the National Framework for Quality and Curriculum.
- Adopt a professional outlook at all times to childcare issues and present a positive approach to development in respect of: new legislation, measures taken to further protect children, and working in partnership with parents/guardians
- Attend staff meetings.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Candidates must hold a minimum of a QQI Level 5 in Childcare and a valid First Aid Certificate.
- Excellent working knowledge and experience of working to the Childcare Regulations essential.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Applicants wishing to apply for the above post should email a letter of application and a CV to:
Closing date for applicants: Tuesday,3rd August 2021.