Ossory Youth: Youth Worker – UBU Scheme
Ossory Youth is voluntary non-profit youth work organisation working with and for young people in Kilkenny and South County Laois.
Ossory Youth is currently seeking to employ a full-time youth worker as part of the UBU Scheme to engage with young people with additional needs from a variety of backgrounds in innovative and needs based interventions in rural locations throughout County Kilkenny.
The successful candidate will:
- Have 3rd level qualification in Youth/Social/Community Work or related discipline and experience of working with young people at risk.
- Have a track record of targeting and engaging young people on the basis of need, relating to some or all of the following: mental health; equity; risk; ethnicity; disability; homelessness and/or deprivation.
- Be friendly, patient, confident, enthusiastic, self-motivated and self-starting with a genuine interest in working with young people.
- Be flexible and enthusiastic in working evenings and weekends and allotting the bulk of the time to direct youth work.
- Be reliable and responsible.
Apply in writing or by email with CV including the names and contact numbers of two referees to the following address:
Mary Mescal, Ossory Youth, Desart Hall, Lower New Street, Kilkenny
Telephone: (056) 7761200 / 087 2369841
Closing date for receipt of applications is Tuesday 17th August at 5pm.
UBU – Your Place Your Space provides funding to youth services that support young people to develop the personal and social skills required to improve their life chances. This includes services covering health and wellbeing, education, employment and social connectedness. The scheme targets young people aged between 10 to 24 years who are experiencing economic, social and cultural disadvantage. It is funded by the Department of Children, Equality, Disability, Integration and Youth and administered locally by Kilkenny Carlow Education & Training Board.