Enable Ireland: Respite Support Worker (Part-Time) - Eden Lodge
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
Would you like the opportunity to work with a leading Irish national voluntary organisation?
Enable Ireland is a leading national voluntary organisation which provides family support services for people with disabilities and their families, in partnership with the HSE and other State and voluntary agencies.
We require dedicated professionals who are committed to providing the highest quality services possible to service owners. We offer a challenging career as part of our integrated team approach to delivering services.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Respite Support Worker, based at our Enable Ireland Respite house, Eden Lodge, Ennis, Co Clare
Contract Status: Part- Time Permanent 35 Hours per week
The Role: The purpose of the role to provide respite to families of children with disabilities. The respite support service will be coordinated by PIC, who will prioritize families to be involved in the service, who agrees with each family the type and level of support to be provided. The respite Support worker will be supervised by and work closely with the PIC.
In order to provide a flexible respite support service, the Respite Support Worker will be required to do sleepovers and work during evenings and weekends
Overview of Duties & Responsibilities
- Help create an atmosphere and which is inclusive and promotes each child’s participation in terms of choice, and decision making and in which each child is enabled to reach their highest level of independence
- Providing assistance to service owners in areas of personal care.
- Be familiar with the health and medical needs of each individual and ensure that these needs are met
- Assist in implementing agreed programmes of care for each child, ensuring that each individuals varying needs are met in a way that promotes dignity and respect for the person
- Accompanying service user on outings/leisure activities within their own area or within the wider community.
- Providing the parent/carer with time out to pursue his/her own needs or to spend time with other family members.
- To work with service owners, and families as agreed with the PIC. As family needs will change from time to time, the respite Support Worker will work closely with the PIC to ensure that the respite support service offered meets changing family needs
- Become familiar with all Enable Ireland’s Guidelines, Policies and Procedures and under the direction of the PIC to ensure their implementation
- To work in accordance with Enable Ireland’s code of Practice, Guidelines for working with children and families and other National Policies, Guidelines and procedures as appropriate.
- Report and record any incident however minor that may happen
- Assist in the administration of medication where applicable
Please see Job Description for full list of duties
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum QQI Level 5 Childcare course to include module on special needs or Special Needs equivalent course (total 8 modules)
- Minimum 3 Years’ experience of working with children with additional needs in a residential setting
- Experience of working with children with autism and behaviors of concern.
- Full clean driving license
- Up to date Manual Handling, First Aid, Children First, ABA Programme, PECS and LAMH, Infection control, PPE, Positive Behavior support
We would love to hear from you if you have a passion for working with our organisation and have the relevant experience/skills required for the role
Please download a copy of the Job Description, Person Specification and Employment Application Form and forward the completed application form to: Edel Godley by email email@example.com
Informal Queries to Cecile Charbonnel Person in Charge (PIC) by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 4pm Wednesday 28th July 2021
Interview Date: Via Microsoft Teams date to be confirmed
(Applications must be made on the Enable Ireland Application Form only. CV’s will not be accepted)
Enable Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.
- The post will be subject to reference checks and may be subject to Garda vetting/police clearance, as relevant
- Due to the large volume of applications, we are not in the position to provide individual feedback to applicants who are not shortlisted for interview.
- Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants from all sections of the community.
- The above information serves only as a guide to the advertised position. Enable Ireland, at its discretion, reserves the right to change this prior to appointment
Please review the Enable Ireland’s External Data Protection Notice available at https://www.enableireland.ie/privacy-policy1 for details on how Enable Ireland processes applicant’s personal information. Please note if you are invited for interview, we will share your personal data with (1) Any virtual service provider we use to host the interview and (2) the interview panel (if applicable). Your information will be stored for this purpose in line with our retention policy (see Enable Ireland’s Information Management Policy.