Society of Saint Vincent de Paul: Homework Club Assistant (Part-Time)
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
Homework Club Assistant
Reference No: HWCAWRCNG0721
Location: West Region- Croí na Gaillimhe
Duration: Permanent Part-Time
Hours: 14 hours per week
Published: Tuesday 20th July 2021
Closing Date: 4 pm Tuesday 3rd August 2021
The primary purpose of the role is to work closely with the coordinator to develop a community-based homework club suitable for the needs of primary and secondary school children from a Direct Provision Hostel and including the involvement of parents of children attending the homework club.
The ideal candidates will possess the following:
- FETAC Level 5 or 6 in Childcare
- Skills or experience in teaching or educational instruction (desirable)
- Knowledge of afterschool/homework club settings
- A good knowledge of maths and Irish
- An understanding of the Primary School Curriculum
- An understanding on behaviour management and motivation
- An awareness/understanding and valuing of cultural diversity
- Understanding of the issues and needs confronting children of families seeking asylum and living in Direct Provision.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar environment
- Experience of working with and supporting disadvantaged children
- Experience in working in a community development setting.
- Experience of working with families, groups and delivering projects (e.g. organising children’s activities, book club, etc.)
- Competency in English
- Excellent interpersonal skills together with good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Motivated, enthusiastic and high energy.
- Flexible and creative approach required in order to deal with wide range of varied tasks
- Sensitivity to the needs of young people.
- Commitment to the principles of self-help and empowerment.
- Trained in first aid
- Children’s First Training
If you have the desire to join one of Ireland’s best known, trusted and respected not-for-profit organisations, please go to www.svp.ie/Jobs for details on how to apply, including full job description and application form. You can apply online directly at www.svp.ie/jobs or post your completed application form to Human Resources, SVP House, 91-92 Sean McDermott Street, Dublin 1.
Appointment is subject to satisfactory references and Garda Vetting. Canvassing will not be accepted and may lead to disqualification. Due to the large volume of applications we are not in the position to provide individual feedback to candidates who are not shortlisted for interview.
SVP is an Equal Opportunities Employer