Offaly County Childcare Committee: Early Year’s Support Worker (Part-Time)
Offaly County Childcare Committee CLG.
Applications are invited for the post of
Part-time EARLY YEAR’S SUPPORT WORKER
Fixed Term Contract to end of December 2022
Offaly County Childcare Committee Clg is seeking to recruit an Early Year’s Support Worker for a part-time fixed term contract until December 2022. The successful candidate will be an experienced early childhood education and care professional who will support quality in practice, pedagogy, and service development with Early Learning & Care Settings in County Offaly. The successful candidate will empower and facilitate service providers and educators to engage with the Siolta & Aistear frameworks to impact on positive outcomes for children This position requires the successful candidate to support services through mentoring and continuous professional development opportunities with particular focus on national frameworks, quality standards and the first 5 strategy.
The successful candidate must have the following:
- At least five years demonstrable experience in Early Learning and Care or equivalent experience preferably in a supervisory and/or leadership role
- Experience of mentoring others to achieve the goals of a service
- Experience in organising events and in delivering workshops
- A third level qualification to at least Level 8 in Early Year’s Care & Education with at least three years’ experience post qualification
- Have a full clean driving licence and use of a car
- Knowledge of and experience in effectively implementing national quality, curriculum, and regulatory frameworks
- Knowledge of curriculum development
- An in-depth knowledge and understanding of the national quality and curriculum frameworks
Application is by handwritten application form only; CVs will not be accepted.
Application form, full job description and personal specification are available on request from firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receipt of completed application forms is Friday 25th June 1pm
Application forms should be returned with the envelope marked ‘Early Year’s Support Worker Post’ to: The Manager, Offaly County Childcare Committee, St. Joseph’s Community Centre, Kilcormac, Co. Offaly
Late applications will not be considered.
Applications may be short-listed based on the information given.
Interviews are scheduled for Mid-July.
Offaly County Childcare Committee is an Equal Opportunities Employer