Ballyfermot Chapelizod Partnership: Early Years Parenting Specialist
Ballyfermot Chapelizod Partnership
is seeking to appoint to our Family Matters Team
Early Years Parenting Specialist
(Initial Fixed Term 6 month contract)
Role Purpose - The Early Years Parenting Specialist Project Worker is required to coordinate and deliver an agreed work plan, in support of parents and children experiencing marginalisation in the Ballyfermot area.
The worker will support Traveller and other parents experiencing marginalisation, with their engagement, capacity building and leadership; with the ultimate aim of enhancing baby and toddler early years development, socialisation and learning up to their school going age. The worker will be part of a dynamic Family Matters Team, which is composed of Speech and Language Therapists, Early Years and Mental Health Project workers and Home Visitors.
The Area Based Childhood (ABC) - Family Matters
Family Matters focuses on improving education, health and wellbeing and social outcomes for children in the Ballyfermot area - supporting parents in supporting their children reach their potential. The ABC Family Matters initiative is a dynamic interagency response to the needs of children, parents and families in the Ballyfermot area.
The successfully shortlisted candidates will have
- Knowledge and understanding of children’s 0-6 years developmental milestones
- Experience in working directly with parents and their children aged 0-6 years
- Experience of delivering /coordinating evidence informed / based parenting programmes
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team as well as on own initiative
- Qualification to at least QQI Level 7 in for example Early Years, Childcare, Education, Social Care or any other relevant field
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience of working in a relevant professional field
- Completed application form, detailed cover letter and CV by
email to email@example.com
by post marked Private and Confidential to Teresa Dunphy, Ballyfermot Chapelizod Partnership , 4 Drumfinn Park, Ballyfermot, Dublin 10 .
- Closing date for receipt of applications is Monday 21st June 2021 at 5.00pm (no late applications will be accepted)
- Informal enquiries are welcome - please contact Liz O’Sullivan, Family Matters Team Manager @ 087 748 7375