Limerick Youth Service: Youth Worker
Limerick Youth Service is a voluntary Youth Work Organisation whose mission is: “connecting with young people and supporting them to reach their full potential.”
Limerick Youth Service in partnership with Garryowen Community Development Project are currently delivering a community based Youth Project in the Garryowen area. This post is funded by the Department of Children, Equality, Disability, Integration and Youth UBU Your Place Your Space Scheme through the Limerick and Clare ETB. The following position has now become available:
Full time Youth Worker (35 hours)
The service is aimed at young people aged 10 – 24 who have identified needs additional to the general population in line with the Value for Money and policy review of youth funding schemes (VFMPR). Key areas of the service include:
- 80% of the service effort will be for the programme of work with young people identified as marginalised/disadvantaged as indicated in the National Youth Strategy 2015 – 2020.
- Identifying the planned contribution towards the 7 social and personal development outcomes.
- Operating when young people are available; i.e. afternoons, evenings, weekends, school holidays & midterm breaks.
- Providing detached / outreach service to meet young people ‘where they are at’.
Education & Experience
Suitable candidates must have:
- A professional qualification in the field of Youth Work / Social Care, or related discipline.
- A minimum of 2 years’ relevant experience (paid or voluntary) in a similar or related field.
- Experience in planning, implementing and reviewing youth work programmes and activities with young people.
- Evidence of the production of high quality reports and written material
- Proficient in MS packages e.g. Word, Excel & Outlook.
- Access to a car with full clean driving licence (an advantage)
How to apply:
To be considered eligible for the above vacancy interested candidates must complete an application form. A job description and application form can be downloaded online at https://limerickyouthservice.com/get-involved/vacancies/ or alternatively e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receipt of applications is Monday 21st June 2021 by 5pm
Interviews to take place week of 28th June 2021
Limerick Youth Service is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity
(A panel may be formed from this recruitment process from which future vacancies in the organisation may be filled and will expire after 1 year)
Garda Vetting will apply